Hi all, bought new s3 today.

M

MR ANGRY

Hi,i know we did not start off on the right footing. However believe it or not i am a big big VW / AUDI fan.
After years & years of diesel Golfs & A3`s, ranging from a 150 bhp mk4 Golf to my present 2006 s line 2.0 tdi. I finally took the plunge today & bought a brand new s3.
After buying my last A3, i immediately wished i had bought a petrol 2.0 TFSI.
Im just so tired of diesels now, howver good they are.
Anyway, found a pre facelift brand new s3. Travelled to Derby today to see it.
I knew before i went that the dealer that had it did not know its full spec & its value of the extras, it boasts a massive spec as i have not seen before. It is as follows;
Dolphin Grey metallic, Bucket seats, RNSE nav + 6 disc in glovebox, auto lights & wipers & auto dim rear view mirror, interior light pack, folding mirrors, centre armrest with phone prep, rear heated seats, rear parking sensors, electric sunroof, bi-xenons, through load system, flat bottom multi function wheel.
Pretty happy with my buy to be honest, have not stopped smilimg for the last 5 hours.
Cant wait for next week, when i pick up.

They would not move on price at all.
Car was up for £24999, had to pay every penny.
However, i have worked it out to be a circa £34k full retail car so i am very very happy.
Pre facelift i know but i can live with that.

Its brand new & unregistered.
2008 MY, hence being pre facelift.
It has been lying in an Audi dealership in Germany for a year, apparantley a cancelled order form a Dealer in London who ordered two exactly the same spec. This one & a black one, he hit hard times with car sales being what they were last year & could not financially complete the order.
Import i know, but again i can live witht that given the spec.
I intend to keep it for 3 years, & enjoy it.
Petrol & power at last!

Very handy i would imagine if i carried passengers! But as i dont they will be wasted.
Would of loved it to of had Bose, as my S line has it & i really rate it. But i guess i will get used to being without it.
Going to put cruise on it, which apparantly is a doddle. I priced the genuine kit at around £50 + programming costs.

Does that mean you'll be selling some buckets again :undwech:

How wonderful, Mr Angry is not angry anymore.

Im not a bad bloke.
I was only ever defending my corner.
Anyone with a backbone would of done the same.
Water under the bridge now anyway.

Congrats on the car man! That is an great spec!
I was in the same situation when I bought my car. shopped around for ages and found non that really caught my eye. RSA S3's are genereally poorly spec'd. Hardly any have leather seats and even less have electronic extras. So when I found mine I nearly crapped myself :p
Jumped on it right away!

congrats again! when you going for RevOooOo ?

Hi,i know we did not start off on the right footing. However believe it or not i am a big big VW / AUDI fan.
After years & years of diesel Golfs & A3`s, ranging from a 150 bhp mk4 Golf to my present 2006 s line 2.0 tdi. I finally took the plunge today & bought a brand new s3.
After buying my last A3, i immediately wished i had bought a petrol 2.0 TFSI.
Im just so tired of diesels now, howver good they are.
Anyway, found a pre facelift brand new s3. Travelled to Derby today to see it.
I knew before i went that the dealer that had it did not know its full spec & its value of the extras, it boasts a massive spec as i have not seen before. It is as follows;
Dolphin Grey metallic, Bucket seats, RNSE nav + 6 disc in glovebox, auto lights & wipers & auto dim rear view mirror, interior light pack, folding mirrors, centre armrest with phone prep, rear heated seats, rear parking sensors, electric sunroof, bi-xenons, through load system, flat bottom multi function wheel.
Pretty happy with my buy to be honest, have not stopped smilimg for the last 5 hours.
Cant wait for next week, when i pick up.

Nice one.
Hats off for coming back:hi:

With that money you saved you can go and get a Stage 1 REVO map and some H&R springs.
Makes a HUGE difference.

fwiw I had a `parallel import` (full UK RHD spec), MK4GTi years ago and it when I sold I still got proper money for it so they are good value and people dont seem to be put off at all.

Enjoy for now.

cheers
Paul

^^^

Like Paul said. Nice to see you here mate, another NE based S3. :beerchug:

well done mate, thats a steal! great spec, as u said a shame about bose... quite strange even that they didnt spec it....

get some pics up!!! of those fresh buckets :salute:

Im not a bad bloke.
I was only ever defending my corner.
Anyone with a backbone would of done the same.
Water under the bridge now anyway.

To ****** right mate, would of done the same aswell, well within your rights considering what was said, good to see you back, now its under the bridge, may I suggest a name change now though, fresh start & all, PM Rob aka FactionOne if you need, sure he'll be glad to assist.

All about the buckets....

Sure is.................

Whereaboots in the NE like?

If I remember right (from that thread ;)) literally right on your door step, although I am not sure if it was North or South. Hopefully Mr A will pop back an clarify it though.

To ****** right mate, would of done the same aswell, well within your rights considering what was said, good to see you back, now its under the bridge, may I suggest a name change now though, fresh start & all, PM Rob aka FactionOne if you need, sure he'll be glad to assist.

Sure is.................

Was think the same, how about Mr Not So Angry :)? But seriously, I'd get it changed and welcome :icon_thumright:

If I remember right (from that thread ;)) literally right on your door step, although I am not sure if it was North or South. Hopefully Mr A will pop back an clarify it though.

Aaah right.
Will have to keep me pebbles peeled then.

You dont see that many S3s up here. Reckon Ive only ever seen half a dozen or so.

cheers
Paul

Sure is.................
Can anyone help, i know this sounds real dumb. But i had a quick look last night to try & change user name without any success. Im ok with anything that has an engine, but sadly computers & i have a hate hate relationship. Cheers Stuart.

P.S. Car is still advertised on Ebay, item no 120498736934 if anyone is intereseted. You can see what a terrible job of promoting the car thet did. I could tell by photos that the car had more spec than they had in there listing. I managed to get chassis number from them before i travelled, then got my local friendly contact with access to Audi`s system to print off a full original build data sheet to which told the full story. Really looking forward to getting it now. Nothing much excites me these days, but i can see me re living my youth with this one. Ah memories of rs 2000, 2.0 s capri, & mk 1 1.8 golf gti come flooding back.

Welcome to the forum properly mate!

Nowt wrong with pre-facelift, better looking car IMHO :)

A least yours had some relevence, I'm sure half he forum think I'm an Egyptian Scot! LOL

Actually now that you mention it...I was trying work out some sort of East Coast/Kilmarnock connection but couldn't, do tell. :)

MR A: Nige has answered the name change thing mate. You need to send a Private Message to one of the moderating team, who will be able to assist I am sure. Just look for "moderator" or someones name in blue; click on their name and select "Send PM".

Edit: Staz has seen this thread, you could PM him.

Last edited:
Not all of us have the permissions to do it Jimmy. Ess_Three should be able to help though.

Don't worry about it :)

Ess_Three has access to lots of little toys I'd like to be able to play with!

Er.....hang on.....:redface:

Don't worry about it :)

Ess_Three has access to lots of little toys I'd like to be able to play with!

Er.....hang on.....:redface:

WOW, steady there cowboy! LOL

I thought Glen was all but gone from Admin duties. I'm sure you could guess his password anyhow, it's probably Porsche911 LOL

Actually now that you mention it...I was trying work out some sort of East Coast/Kilmarnock connection but couldn't, do tell. :)

TBH, I really cant remember why - probably just been watching a program about the great pyramid that he has built and it seemed different LOL

WOW, steady there cowboy! LOL

I thought Glen was all but gone from Admin duties. I'm sure you could guess his password anyhow, it's probably Porsche911 LOL

Nah he's still knocking about. He's having a modding break though.

Or 8LS3srcrap :)

the funny thing is guys...i am an egyptian scot living in london....and i did notice your name khufu, thought u might be a kilted camel like myself.

Bet you thought that would be the last response to see... theres more of us than u think :yes: