New D valve? How loud??

HSerce

Reaction score
Hi, in looking to get the new oem dv for the s3 but how loud is it really? Is it loud as the blow off spacers?? I really like the wastegate noise you get from the oem Dv and anyone got the part number for it?

when i fitted the valve i noticed that the wastegate chatter was slightly louder, i have an intake fitted though.

Erm, not really sure what you mean here as the DV on the S3 doesn't make a wastegate noise. I have never known anyone with the spacer so can't comment, but any noises coming from under the bonnet are normally associated to the CAI, i.e. the chattering.

Anyway I don't know the part number, but you can get it here at JKM or Audi (try Stoke on the site sponsors).

That said, this isn't a must do part on a stock S3 and you won't see any gains in performance; the reliability issues seem to be on mapped cars (which I don't know if you are). I still haven't changed mine and don't plan to until if and when it fails.

its the cai your hearing. the blow off spacer is an additional item that , lve heard, causes lose of boost as its releasing boost to atmosphere instead of diverting back to system which our motors are doing, blow off = blow out, wouldnt say its good but then again lve never tried it and to be honest leave the chavy sounds to the scoobies, your 3 will love you for it.

The Valve Part Number Is: 06H 145 710D

Davie

Last edited: