Volks AutosChris Nott

Thread: Exhaust

3rd Gear

Status

Exhaust

rite next question guys lol, will a miltek down pipe and cat back off a a3 2.0tdi 140 fit my 2.0tdi 170? As i can find a miltek 1listed, or is there another system available? Cheers again

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    can any 1 help me out? want a exhaust system asap cheers

Neutral

Status
    alright mate, i had this problem the 140 cat back will fit as im having one fitted on thursday, however because you have a dpf filter ive been told it will ruin it due to decreased back pressure. ive gone whole hog on mine tho and had a dpf bypass filter (its on millteks site under the vw golf tdi 170) fitted aswell so there wont be any dpf issues anymore!

hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by Sam DSG; 30th November 2009 at 23:49.
    Audi A3 170 TDI S-Line now 220+, Dolphin Grey, Milltek DPF Delete, Milltek Cat Back (non res), Facelift Rear Lights, Custom Code Remap, Bilstein Coilovers, Bose with 12' Sub in the boot

Audi RS6 C5 White with a black roof, wheels and mirrors (but watch this space!) Bilstein PSS9, Full turbo back (no cats) Milltek no res exhaust, K&N Panels and a Revo stage two map (coming soon - hotchkis ARB's and brake upgrade)

3rd Gear

Status
    cheers sfor the reply m8, so the cat back will deffo fit? and by dpf filter, do you mean the down pipe which is also a de-cat pipe? cheers chris

Neutral

Status
    the 170 has a dpf filter in the downpipe which catches the soot so the exhaust doesnt smoke basically, it is different to the 140 which doesnt have one. i was told it would only work when mated with the dpf bypass http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=555 i paid 800 quid for the pipe fitting and a remap. Then the milltek cat back is another 390 fitted.
    Audi A3 170 TDI S-Line now 220+, Dolphin Grey, Milltek DPF Delete, Milltek Cat Back (non res), Facelift Rear Lights, Custom Code Remap, Bilstein Coilovers, Bose with 12' Sub in the boot

Audi RS6 C5 White with a black roof, wheels and mirrors (but watch this space!) Bilstein PSS9, Full turbo back (no cats) Milltek no res exhaust, K&N Panels and a Revo stage two map (coming soon - hotchkis ARB's and brake upgrade)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Chris Brown, do you have a girlfriend called Rihanna?

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    lmao!! what a mean fella ella ella

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam DSG View Post
    the 170 has a dpf filter in the downpipe which catches the soot so the exhaust doesnt smoke basically, it is different to the 140 which doesnt have one. i was told it would only work when mated with the dpf bypass http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=555 i paid 800 quid for the pipe fitting and a remap. Then the milltek cat back is another 390 fitted.
    so i need tha pipe in the link and the cat back and tha would make the full system? also is the bypass pipe in your link the same as this 1 http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=6051&xSec=394

cheers again

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    lol no i dnt but i wudnt say no

Neutral

Status
    no thats the 140 version, have a look on jbs autodesigns website, theres a load of information on there for the 170 tdi

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Absolute classic Nate, lmao

Although I dont agree with what he did, disgusting tbh, should of got some cell block treatment for that, wears the soap

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam DSG View Post
    no thats the 140 version, have a look on jbs autodesigns website, theres a load of information on there for the 170 tdi
    Sweet cheers m8 will take a look