Tyre's for 18's

Mick a3

Mellow Yellow
Reaction score
After buying 18's (New Rs6 Reps) at the weekend I'm wondering what tyres to stick on them.

Anybody got pictures of thier a3 on 18's? and the tyre size so i can decide how low a profile I'm willing to go.

Thanks in advance
Mick

225/40R18 is the "norm"
I posted this thread about tyres yesterday which may be some help.
I'm looking at Eagle F1 Asymmetrics now, but also considering Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta & Michelin PS2.

225/40R18 is the "norm"
I posted this thread about tyres yesterday which may be some help.
I'm looking at Eagle F1 Asymmetrics now, but also considering Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta & Michelin PS2.

Thanks mate

Didnt want to hijack your post as its pictures i'm looking for, I'm happy to just go with budget tyres rather than fork out for tyres more expsensive than my wheels. Found some Kumho's for £60 a wip and free fitting just after the correct profile now.

If you want the 'norm' than these are 225 40/18's on 18" Ti package/Black edition wheels.

Autumn1sml.jpg

Autumnshot6asml.jpg

Nightshotsml.jpg

As for the tires themselves, those are the stock ContSportContact 2's... crappy tire. Just went with the Marangoni Mythos for the spring but I don't know how well they will perform. I think I paid the equivalent of about 90-100 pounds per tire installed. they were $180CAD

Last edited:
My mate just put 4xRE050 Potenza's on his 18" S3 wheels and so far likes them

I have 2 potenza's and 2 good year eagle f1's at the minute (soon to be all good year) and cant fault either tyre!