Too good to be true?

Hmmmm. there is one born everyday. :O)

Somebody will turn up to buy that car with a big wad of cash and return home with nothing.

Popular scam this one, loads of these on ebay/autotrader/pistonheads

its normally one of 2, in either case the car doesnt exist, they have robbed the pics from somewhere else

1) contact the seller, if theres no phone number, you have to email then its the nigerian scam, you send them the cash via weston union, they will send you the nice right have drive car of your dreams in a container!:laugh: of course it will turn up!

2) Seller answers the phone looking to do a "cash sale" and pleads its all genuine, tempted, you get the cash out and travel down there, you cant see the car so ring him, he turns up with a bunch of mates and robs your 4k in cash, easy :keule:

Or maybe he just mistyped it and missed the 1 in front of the 4 :)

Well I am in North America so I can't speak for what you guys get over in the UK but the S-Line bumper did not become available here till 2007... Not to mention that the interior looks different than any '06 I've ever seen...

Reply to email, i also reported it,so maybe that had an impact

"I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2006 Audi A3! Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Huelva, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in you name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It
will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days. Final price is GBP 4,000 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in the Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be managed by a company that has offices in both UK and Spain and in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.
Thank you! "

Reply to email, i also reported it,so maybe that had an impact

"I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2006 Audi A3! Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Huelva, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in you name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It
will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days. Final price is GBP 4,000 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in the Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be managed by a company that has offices in both UK and Spain and in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.
Thank you! "

sounds perfectly legit, where do i sign up :keule:

I hope you replied and asked him how to pay? and that your willing to wire him the cash of course, just waste his time for a bit!

This guy has very good english lol, not that the email is a standard template and he probably uses it for hundreds of replies and just changes the make/model of car to suit of course!:)

This is great Bryzan... keep him going as long as you can...

Quite an inventive scam,and a bit of a twist on the one often used over here,where a banker's draft is used,in excess of the amount your item is being sold for,and the "buyer" gives you that,in return for your car,and payment of the difference to himself.

Your car vanishes,and so does your cash or cheque,and the draft is worthless.

Could say your brother lives in Sevilla (looks about 100 miles away) and could he come and view the car as he is planning a visit back to the UK and could drive it there as a present for you? LOL

Short and sweet reply from me.

"
Amber, thanks for the reply. Where is the car located as i am due into Spain on business at the end of next week. I could fly in and drive back to remove the need for delivery.

The car sounds to be just the ticket, and i have been searching for one in this apparent condition for ages.

I am willing to pay you the full asking price and collect next week if that meets your approval?

Best regards"

Lets see

Haha, brilliant reply. I wonder if you even get a reply from it..

"Coming here would be a good idea but i can not promise you that i will still have it available unless you will be here in the next 1-2 days.As i have over 30 interested buyers, some of them already accepted the third party deal and shipping to UK.The car is already crated at the shipping company as i'm looking for a fast and safe deal.

Thank you"

Tell them you can send a friend to be there tomorrow. Tell him my parents live in Orihuela (about 200 miles away) and i'll pick the car up for you.
They actually do live in Orihuela (near Murcia).

Well I know some pirates, i'll get em on the P&O to intercept it