2.0TDI Catch Tank - Other...

My old engine set-up with Allard catch can.

S1030167.jpg

It`s a bit of bling and an excuse to get yout tools out and fiddle in the engine bay. It will stop some blow back oil getting into your air inlet from the rocker cam but it`s not something i would consider "needed" to be done on a remapped car.

old thread i know :( but do i just blank the TIP off and have the catch tank coming off the rocker cover? that simple??

I did this on my last car alot of jap cars use this, Not very clued up on these vags as nearly everythings electronic!

I noticed a fair bit of oil blow by from the PCV valve on my last car, It wasnt turbo but was high revving, It collected a fair bit of oil over time but the main advantage i noticed was when removing the TB and Inlet manifold very little oil had gathered.

My throttle body was very clean (I gave it a thorough clean a year before including the IACV and everything) The intake manifold had literally no oil sitting in the plenum compared to a friends which had a fair bit without the Catch can. If its cheap to do why not!