LOW FUEL CAR CUTS OUT..

HSerce

Reaction score
well i post the other day no reply's got my car booked for monday but still asking, when my car says its got 5-10 mies left on DIS car cuts out every set of lights...??
fuel pressure sensor???
'07 s3 35k
2k left for service...

I wouldn't have said it was a pressure sensor if it's actually cutting out. Are you out of warranty? EDIT: You can't be out of warranty on an S3!

Last edited:
Yeah i thought that would be the best thing to do!

Surely when you get down to that low you start taking all the rubbish from the fuel through the engine??

Exactly, it's not good

I never go lower than 50miles on the DIS

5-10 miles is a rough estimate....it could just be 1 mile left.

Why are you letting it run down so low? Mine never goes below 25miles to run

OMG I get worried if the warning light comes on at 50 miles. Lowest i've ever been is 10.

As soon as mine hit's the quater mark it's fuel station time.

I wouldn't have said it was a pressure sensor if it's actually cutting out. Are you out of warranty? EDIT: You can't be out of warranty on an S3!

why cant you be out of warrenty with an s3 ....??

Because you get a 3 year warranty and S3s haven't been out 3 years yet. Well maybe JUST, but not on a '07 plate anyway.

Wonderful stuff this mathmatics!!! Comes in so useful for all sorts of things.

Wonderful stuff this mathmatics!!! Comes in so useful for all sorts of things.

It is Dave but as there's s3's on 06 plate's ..that means its out of warrentee if registered before Nov so no need for that ..i didn't know the guys was an 07

Aint it just :sos:

dan no need to be a tool ,,

Last edited:
I wasn't aware i was being a tool. You need to check your spelling too. Now who is the tool, chill out.

Yeah been told that before to... I didnt notice the reg big deal there no need to all get smart over it being a tool is there...

Staz answered my question ,That's it

Last edited:
I don't think running on an empty tank has a good impact on injectors and the rest of the engine.:no: