How do I spot judderyness ?....

Kriminal

Reaction score
Okay, this may sound like a dumb question.....BUT, when my bank balance looks sweeter I'll be on the hunt for a 2.0 TDi S-line. And since I'm currently owning an Audi TT, ie. Petrol, I'm guessing I will feel/experience a slight judderyness in a diesel car anyway ? :think:

Would this be true, or am I completely wrong (won't be the first time) ?

So, back to the question, is there any particular way I could 'test' the car to know for sure that it's running okay or if it has any issues with the flywheel, which I seem to be reading a fair bit about ?

Mine started as an intermittent fault but it usually occurred when coming to a stop. Once stationary with the car in neutral you would feel a noticeable vibration through the whole car and see the revs rise and fall. It feels like the car is about to stall. Also rough start-up and shut down, particularly shut down. Do it twice, once with the clutch engaged and once with the clutch disengaged. If with the clutch engaged there is a shudder on shut down and sort of mechanical "slap" that disappears when you try it with the clutch disengaged thats a possible sign.

Thanks pdv40 : that's gonna help loads, as it makes sense :icon_thumright: