Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Fitting Parrot Mki9200 - Help!

Hello,

This is my first post on this site, and I am hoping someone can help me with the fitment of a parrot Mki9200 hands-free system in my 2003 (53 plate) A3. My vehicle has a Symphony 6 cd changer, and it looks to me like it just uses standard ISO connectors.

I have removed the CD player and tried to connect the parrot system as per the instructions. However once connected, the radio still works, but I am getting no power to the screen of the parrot.

I have spoken to a professional installer over the phone and he has stated that I need a SOT lead to make the system work in an A3. However looking at this lead, it appears it is for cars with 'quadlink'? Sorry but I have no idea what this is.

Can anyone help and tell me if I need this lead, and if not, what might be causing the problem? The system works as it was taken from my father's new car and was working fine in that.

Thanks

Matt

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    You'll need to take a switched 12v line from the fusebox too. This isn't found round the back of the stereo normally. I usually use a 'littelfuse' to piggyback one of the blade fuses - the one for climate control would do - but generally any function that only works with the ignition turned on will do...

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    The cable you are referring to is called a quadlock.

Like Phil says its purpose is to do exactly that as well as the other functions of the ISO.