Fitting Parrot Mki9200 - Help!

boulto232

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post on this site, and I am hoping someone can help me with the fitment of a parrot Mki9200 hands-free system in my 2003 (53 plate) A3. My vehicle has a Symphony 6 cd changer, and it looks to me like it just uses standard ISO connectors.

I have removed the CD player and tried to connect the parrot system as per the instructions. However once connected, the radio still works, but I am getting no power to the screen of the parrot.

I have spoken to a professional installer over the phone and he has stated that I need a SOT lead to make the system work in an A3. However looking at this lead, it appears it is for cars with 'quadlink'? Sorry but I have no idea what this is.

Can anyone help and tell me if I need this lead, and if not, what might be causing the problem? The system works as it was taken from my father's new car and was working fine in that.

Thanks

Matt

You'll need to take a switched 12v line from the fusebox too. This isn't found round the back of the stereo normally. I usually use a 'littelfuse' to piggyback one of the blade fuses - the one for climate control would do - but generally any function that only works with the ignition turned on will do...

The cable you are referring to is called a quadlock.

Like Phil says its purpose is to do exactly that as well as the other functions of the ISO. :)