Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Wheel removal madness

So today I have time on my hand so I decided to take my alloy wheels off to give them a good clean and see if I can remove some of the rust aroung the wheel hubs. I even bought a proper hydrolic jack from Halfords. Simple task you would think even for a noob like me. So I look at the owners manual for the jack points etc. I look in the boot for all the tools (which have never been used). One of the tools is missing (and must have been missing from new), the thing for removeing the plastic nut covers. So already pissed off that my 25K car doesn't have the basic tools to remove a wheel I went to the local Audi to talk to them about it. It costs 89p but they don't have any and they can't get me one until Monday.

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    The tweasers? If you look on the sills you will see a little triangular shaped arrow, that is the jacking point.

1st Gear

Status
    Yes the tweasers.

TAC
    3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

Status
    Use some long nose pliers with some cloth wrapped around the ends to stop them damaging it, should do the job?
    Current - A3 3.2 DSG S-Line
    Gone but not forgotten Honda S2000 GT K&N FPIK (F***ing lairy in the wet but so so much fun...)- Golf MK3 GTI 16v -Mondeo V6 24v

FOR SALE - Indicator stalk and lower steering wheel cowling
    A3 3DR pair of rear lights in A1 condition from my 06 A3

6th Gear

Status
    couldn't they just have given you set of one of the cars in the showroom and replaced them on Monday LOL
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Quote Originally Posted by JeffY View Post
    So today I have time on my hand so I decided to take my alloy wheels off to give them a good clean and see if I can remove some of the rust aroung the wheel hubs. I even bought a proper hydrolic jack from Halfords. Simple task you would think even for a noob like me. So I look at the owners manual for the jack points etc. I look in the boot for all the tools (which have never been used). One of the tools is missing (and must have been missing from new), the thing for removeing the plastic nut covers. So already pissed off that my 25K car doesn't have the basic tools to remove a wheel I went to the local Audi to talk to them about it. It costs 89p but they don't have any and they can't get me one until Monday.
    My car came with the small plastic 'tweezers' designed to remove the plastic wheel nut covers in the tool kit in the centre of the spare wheel. I've used them many times and they work fine.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    My car came with the small plastic 'tweezers' designed to remove the plastic wheel nut covers in the tool kit in the centre of the spare wheel. I've used them many times and they work fine.
    Thats what he will be talking about. I take it that they haven't just fallen out under foam holder/spare wheel?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Problem sorted.