Black line through my red DIS?

ryanstewart9

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the DIS is meant to have a black line running through it about a third of the way down (above the word Set, below the word Check in the comfort menu)?

Is this normal or do I have some dead pixels?

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

Thanks..

Could be, but they are definately sending a set of clocks back as they gave me a copy of the invoice (£400 for a set of clocks!!).

Only thing now is when I turn on the ignition, I dont get the message come up "press clutch pedal down to start car".

Is this something that is set through Vag-Com?

maybe they also converted it to a manual LOL

It could be the coding, I dont have the menu option on my DIS to check for it.

Could be an adaptation channel or superseded part possibly with updated firmware that have made difference to the startup messages.

But personally I put it down to the tech who fitted as tbh some or many (personal experience whilst fitting) really dont have a clue about what the VAS5052 can actually do or the correct procedures for these things, so its possible an adaptation wasnt done.

Ryan the one you had on the car Saturday was definitely faulty! The black bar you have when in any screen apart from the normal first screen is ok as Ben says. But when I changed it to the normal screen you had the red line AND a black line above it. That's not normal.

EDIT: Ignore me, I'm talking total rubbish!

Last edited:
Yeah thats right, but they have changed the clocks and I have the same problem then with the new clocks.

The picture is of the new clocks by the way.

Last edited:
No it's normal mate don't worry. It's just weird, on your clocks the black line was REALLY prominent and stood out to me. I've driven an A3 and then an S3 for 35k miles altogether but as soon as I changed over to that page on yours it just looked wrong. Nevermind!

Do you still have to wait for the seatbelt thing with this cluster???

As well as the press the clutch to start warning you also had to wait for the passenger seatbelt warning. Has that gone too? Meaning that you can use the DIS immediately!

Oh, that is the 'passenger airbag on/off' warning.

In fact I haven't noticed if that comes up. At the moment the first thing that comes up is 'oil change due in 1100 miles' and then I think it goes straight to the DIS.

I hope so! My car doesn't have that warning, I'd find it pretty annoying

Has the 09 A3 got a full colour DIS or is it just white?

Also does anyone know if track names scroll along on the new A3's white DIS? As I could have sworn one of the radio stations did on the A4.

White & I need to check if track info is there, I think it does show this & radio info depending on the mode selected.