CAI for the TDI

mike1628

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im after a CAI for the TDI but want it to work and not just to look good, is there one which everybody goes for im sure there are many or are there more than one.

Also i heard the recirculating DV does nothing either on a diesel, i also have a 20v Leon cupra with BNC bolt on air filer and Forge DV that works a treat.

I contacted DPM today and he only sells panel filters, this is ok if thats all we use on them but alot of the threads are for petrol.

This is my 1st diesel car let alone DSG, so im quite new to all this.

Cheers in advance

TBH fella, you could get a green panel filter & slide that in, anything else imho is a waste of dough on a remapped 2.0 tdi, now if you went hybrid turbo or even serious upgrade then yes exhaust & proper CAI would be an idea, but you wont see much difference if any with a CAI on the car as it is, green panel maybe somewhat minimal less restrictive, but you probably wont notice anything, but your choice, but you wanted something functional, spend it on a decent worthy & more noticable mod mate.

Thanks Nigel

No serious mods for me im sticking to driving slow and looking good (the car i mean lol) got the bluefin but thats as far with power as im going apart from the back box next year maybe cat back.

Cheers V6Pete for the link nice motor mate!! wish i could afford coilovers but hey it is what it is