EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status

Another S3 intake option

I just came across this thread on Tyresmoke.net, thought it may be of interest for some of you S3 guys.

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-...ipercross.html
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I should add (if this is ok with the powers that be) that a good friend of mine is the sales manager at Pipercross, so if there's interest in the kit, I am sure he'd be happy to help to arrange a introductory price, group buy etc.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

2nd Gear

Status
    I have been reading about this on uk-audis,Sam is a member on there also and has had nothing but praise for the them and there product so have to see what other kind of feed back it gets back

3rd Gear

Status
    looks really good, similar to a kit forge had tryed out on there scirroco

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Have to say the piper version looks very neat as such, looks almost oem, I like it, but for the cost it would need to prove itself, which the graphs seem to show, any ideas on the tax for this one?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Have to say the piper version looks very neat as such, looks almost oem, I like it, but for the cost it would need to prove itself, which the graphs seem to show, any ideas on the tax for this one?
    Yeah it definitely looks as close to factory fitted as any intake can.

I think the RRP was 200 or 220, something like that. Seems fair with proven power gains. Not many companies seem to bother backing up filters with proper power graphs.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    About par with others, so not unreasonable, the air flow seems a little more direct as it doesnt have a huge filter surface area if you get me, so you'd think it would be better for flow overall.

I also have to agree, seems alot expect to sell them just by how they look, some of us would prefer them to be more functional than oem as such, afterall we dont drive around with our bonnets up to admire the engine.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    I e-mailed piper cross about the possibility of fitting a Mk5 R32 filter to a 3.2 a3...they never did reply.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    I e-mailed piper cross about the possibility of fitting a Mk5 R32 filter to a 3.2 a3...they never did reply.
    Well I've got a Mk5 R32 filter on my 3.2 A3, so I can answer that question for you! It fits straight on.

Status
    Blimey pete....going to start calling you Wikipedia soon

Status
    Blimey pete....going to start calling you Wikipedia soon
    Well what can I say, I'm a useful dude to have around!

4th Gear

Status
    Nice and shiney with a carbonium twist.

Status
    Just spoken to my buddy, and it looks like the RRP is 215.27 inc 15% VAT, and the kits are available in about a week. As I thought he's happy to look at arranging a deal for the first few customers, or if there's any interest in a group buy.

Last edited by V6Pete; 24th November 2009 at 14:57. Reason: adding pics

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    I have had Pipercross inform me of this via email
    They said too , if there was enough interest , then we could possibly get a GB going
    Please let me know , if there is enough interest , I can arrange one for you guys
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Looks nice! i take it from the pic that the engine cover doesnt fit back on? In fact im probably guessing no CAI will allow for this?

Boycie

Status
    Sounds good sarah - will check it out when I get home as I cannot see in work!

220 for the kit? A lot cheaper than the likes of Evoms, ITG or Dbilas!

4th Gear

Status
    Yes , 219.95 INCL for the kit , but if we can get a bit of interest , I am sure we can knock up a GB on these
    Available from next week too
    Sarah

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Looks pretty neat.

Any better pics, especially of how it mounts up to air inlet at front grill.

Curious to how it copes with engine movement though, as it's held rigid at front / back and middle. Other designs have issues with the middle fixing breaking even with non rigid fix at front.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I do believe this was Pete's GB idea so it would seem prudent if he minded someone else also stepping in to offer this aswell, doesnt hurt to be little courteous to the OP if you ask me.

Status
    I do believe this was Pete's GB idea so it would seem prudent if he minded someone else also stepping in to offer this aswell, doesnt hurt to be little courteous to the OP if you ask me.
    I appreciate the thought dude

My only interest was helping out my mate, and if Awesome want to do a GB, then that's their shout.

He did tell me that he'd already spoken to another dealer about doing something and had put me in touch, so if there's interest I'll find out what they can offer too.

Just checked on the points re the fixing - the front doesn't attach to the slam panel - it's open and sits pretty close - this was found to offer better bhp than the initial design which did indeed mount to it. As for snapping, it's got a rubber bush where it bolts on, so that should allow sufficient movement. It's got a lifetime warranty either way, so shouldn't cause any problems.

Any more questions, let me know and I'll do what I can to get you some answers!

4th Gear

Status
    I had an email from Pipercross themselves directing me to this with the price and availability , asking me to arrange a GB if required
    I am sorry OP if it was butting in , I did not mean it
    I just thought that with pipercross directing me and asking me to come on and do it , that is what I did

"
    Sarah

Please find a post on an Audi Forum... this is the New Venom kit for the S3 and MK5 Golf GTI

http://uk-audis.net/forums/t/1868.aspx

The Sirocco and MK6 GTI are in development and due out shortly...

The Kit is available in the next week or so, and I would like Awesome to be our main outlets for the VAG kits... they will also be used by Volkswagen racing for the next season of the VW cup..

Hopefully you could do some good business on these kits..

Many thanks "
    Sarah

2nd Gear

Status
    Dam it no good for the 2009 model onwards due to the MAF location grrrr
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    I appreciate the thought dude

Just checked on the points re the fixing - the front doesn't attach to the slam panel - it's open and sits pretty close - this was found to offer better bhp than the initial design which did indeed mount to it. As for snapping, it's got a rubber bush where it bolts on, so that should allow sufficient movement. It's got a lifetime warranty either way, so shouldn't cause any problems.

Any more questions, let me know and I'll do what I can to get you some answers!
    Thanks Pete for the clarification.

Status
    Hi Pete
    Whats the noise like from your viper ?

Boycie

Status
    So what is the performance difference and ratings between:

Forge
    ITG
    Dbilas
    Evoms
    Pipercross

bar the price?

Status
    Hi Pete
    Whats the noise like from your viper ?
    Very throaty when I boot it, and no different under normal driving. The perfect combination

Status
    Dam.....hoped you wouldnt say that

4th Gear

Status

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Interior Next!!

Status
    Looks v neat and tidy! quite like this look! cheap too! might be interested in a little group buy here! whats been then best Induction so far in terms of performance gains??
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Very throaty when I boot it, and no different under normal driving
    Sounds perfect then Pete

Boycie

Status

Does anyone else think that the black plastic piping looks extremely cheap coming out the back???

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Does anybody know what the MAF housing size is for this intake?
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I can check - do you mean the pipe diameter where the MAF fits in?

Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Does anyone else think that the black plastic piping looks extremely cheap coming out the back???
    That pic is of the universal Venom though isn't it? Not the same as the S3 kit.

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    I can check - do you mean the pipe diameter where the MAF fits in?
    Yep thats the one.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by navnayyar View Post
    Mmm
    That price is + VAT
    I am sure we can get a great price if we can get a GB going
    Sarah

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Just asked the question, and got:

"66mm id, We found this to give the most stable MAF reading and the best air fuel ratio"

As mentioned before, Pipercross have put me in touch with a dealer who's keen to help with a group buy, so if there's at least a few people interested in giving this a go, I'll get some prices over

4th Gear

Status
    probably worth getting quotes from both companies if forum members get together for GB!

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Neutral

Status
    I agree with Boydie......looks cheap as chips!!!!
    Think ill keep saving for the I.T.G.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ3BLUE View Post
    I agree with Boydie......looks cheap as chips!!!!
    Think ill keep saving for the I.T.G.
    Just to confirm, the kit being talked about is this one:

Do you really think it looks cheap? I thought it looked very good myself!

Neutral

Status
    Just looks "too neat & tidy" if you know what i mean??
    Where as the ITG looks more "rougher but engineered"
    Just my opinion, im an engineer by trade and i can see there's more engineering gone into the ITG.
    I guess what really matters is how they all perform on the rollers would be intresting to know !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast