AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ3BLUE View Post
    Just looks "too neat & tidy" if you know what i mean??
    Where as the ITG looks more "rougher but engineered"
    Just my opinion, im an engineer by trade and i can see there's more engineering gone into the ITG.
    I guess what really matters is how they all perform on the rollers would be intresting to know !!
    Surely making a one-piece custom pipe involves more engineering than using a bunch of off the shelf universal hoses and pipes? I'm not an engineer, but I certainly didn't think the ITG kit looked well engineered in the slightest.

Horses for courses though isn't it?
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Does anyone else think that the black plastic piping looks extremely cheap coming out the back???
    I think it looks so well built it came out of the Bentley factory in Crewe

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ3BLUE View Post
    I agree with Boydie......looks cheap as chips!!!!
    Think ill keep saving for the I.T.G.
    Does not look cheap at all imo.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Just asked the question, and got:

"66mm id, We found this to give the most stable MAF reading and the best air fuel ratio"

As mentioned before, Pipercross have put me in touch with a dealer who's keen to help with a group buy, so if there's at least a few people interested in giving this a go, I'll get some prices over
    Thanks. This is a very good thing as it means the MAF housing diameter pretty much conforms with the stock MAF housing diameter which is a very important. The stock MAF housing is 67mm. I have already ordered another intake so won't be joing a GB I'm afraid although so far this intake looks very good.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

4th Gear

Status
    I have had a call from Pipercross this morning , and I have requested a pic of the Induction kit as soon as possible too
    If we get 10 names , we should be able to get a good price for you guys
    Sarah

Neutral

Status
    Wow I don't want to set off a major debate....but from an engineers view its just a mandrel bent piece of tube with a filter on the end which can be made in no time.....I.T.G could have done the same thing but didnt ...Why ??
    They have looked at the Science behind the air flow etc,there's a good write up on here by Warren (i think) .
    Again its just my opinion and a rolling road session with the ITG,Pipercross,Evoms,diblas,forge etc would solve the issue on "what to buy" doesn't matter what they look like its the power gains at the end of the day .

2nd Gear

Status
    Is this good for the 2009 S3?

Boycie

Status
    Any of them will be decent - just depends on your budget and personal preference

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks3 View Post
    If that's the newer "TSI" engine then no good, but they said they're working on a kit for them.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks3 View Post
    Yes mate it is. The 09 S3 uses the FSI engine just like any other 8P S3.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Yes mate it is. The 09 S3 uses the FSI engine just like any other 8P S3.
    Not true, the 09 S3 uses the "TSI" engine rather than "TFSI" engine - it runs a different air box, so a different intake is required.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Does not look cheap at all imo.
    Its got GERMAN ENGINEERING written all over it Except the B&Q Flexi pipe lets it down

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Not true, the 09 S3 uses the "TSI" engine rather than "TFSI" engine - it runs a different air box, so a different intake is required.
    Sorry but that is not correct. The S3 still runs the FSI engine, VAG have not managed to bolt a K04 turbo onto the TSI engine in any shape or form yet. The A3 uses the TSI but not the S3. Even the new Golf R is an FSI although it even says TSI on the engine cover!

Status
    Sorry but that is not correct. The S3 still runs the FSI engine, VAG have not managed to bolt a K04 turbo onto the TSI engine in any shape or form yet. The A3 uses the TSI but not the S3. Even the new Golf R is an FSI although it even says TSI on the engine cover!
    When I said it was "TSI" I was referencing the VAG badge on the engine, rather than the technology involved.

To the best of my knowledge the 09 S3 uses the later air box design. One easy well to tell:
    Air box on top of engine = Earlier engine (that this kit will fit)
    Air box in front of engine = Later engine (this kit will not fit)

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Yes VAG have confused people with their engine badging as they do not want you to think they are using older technology under the bonnet.

Trust me, the 09 S3 uses the same FSI engine and the intake will be built into the engine cover.

Status
    Yes VAG have confused people with their engine badging as they do not want you to think they are using older technology under the bonnet.

Trust me, the 09 S3 uses the same FSI engine and the intake will be built into the engine cover.
    Sorry, you are dead right, the site I checked the info on was wrong...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12