How much should I advertise it for?

hardcore Hallam

Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my S3, just wondering how much you guys think I should put it up for? It's an 07 plate, but has only done 8000 miles. It has a Revo 2+ upgrade including an Evoms CAI (all done at AMD). It's nicely speced, including Dvd Sat Nav, two tone seats Etc, but NO buckets. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Mate, I can see that flying off the shelf. Have you looked at PH, the prices on there are a good guideline. If you have full 2+ spec you should factor that above an average price, or if you can be bothered and still have the oem bits, strip it and sell them separate.

Having just had a quick look 2007 cars with good spec are still commanding 20K+, admittedly that is a forecourt ticket. Linky.

I wouldn't pay a premium for a modified car, and a lot of other people wouldn't.

If you have the OE parts you'll have an easier sale AND get more money returning to stock.

Looking at other cars for sale, I'd advertise for £20K initially, expecting offers of £18K+

Thanks guys, so you think I'd be better returning it to standard yeah? It's only done approx 500 miles since the mods were done. I just don't use it enough

I wouldn't pay a premium for a modified car, and a lot of other people wouldn't.

And to be fair, there are some who would - like me. Horses and courses.

I don't think is unreasonable to recoup a percentage of the mods over the price of a standard car. Or as I said originally, strip it and sell the bits

And to be fair, there are some who would - like me. Horses and courses.

I don't think is unreasonable to recoup a percentage of the mods over the price of a standard car. Or as I said originally, strip it and sell the bits

Of course, some people would pay a premium for the mods to have already been done. The fact that you have used AMD will help, as these guys are tried and tested...

Selling cars with any modification is always far harder than selling a standard car, as you are narrowing down the market. If you have the standard parts, then the hassle of returning to standard is likely to pay off...

Of course, some people would pay a premium for the mods to have already been done. The fact that you have used AMD will help, as these guys are tried and tested...

Selling cars with any modification is always far harder than selling a standard car, as you are narrowing down the market. If you have the standard parts, then the hassle of returning to standard is likely to pay off...

I don't disagree with any of that Pete.

I now look back to when I was in the market and wish I knew then, what I do now. I saw cars with GIAC, Milltek, et al, bits on them and thought WTF is all that. Needless to say I bought standard in the end because I didn't know better. Now a year later after swatting up I realise that I could have saved myself some cash. I know for the next time though...

There was a guy on here (or VAGOC) recently with cash waiting for a car exactly like yours; I will search my post history during the day and see if I can track it down.

Thanks for all your help guys. Looks like the best thing to do is advertise it with the 2+ mods and see if I get any interest. If not, I'll strip them and sell seperately.

Thanks again