TDi question

qennu

Reaction score
Hello I know this was asked millions of times before.I am looking for an audi and found an 05 model (not with the single grill fron bumper :sadlike:)I dont mind so much as I can be changed later on.It has 60k on the clock.How can I be sure the milage is right and not played with earlier ?

What are the most important things to look at other then accident damage ?

Thanks

If it has FSH and preferably previous MOT's, then it's likely the mileage is genuine.

If it doesn't have FSH, then walk away and find one that does!

Also don't worry about the single grill, it'll grow on you ;)

The mileage on the new vags is very hard to clock if even possible at all - I cannot remember of any cases where the latest vags have been clocked!

TDI's checklist

Check for being juddery at idle
Floor the accelrator in 6th at 50mph to check for clutch slip
Has the timing belt been done? (personally I would have it done at 60k as opposed to audi's 80k recommendation)
Usual wear and tear
Check oil levels
Check for next service on the DIS

The twin grill will grow on you - I had a twin grilled A3 TDI before my S3 and loved it with a few choice modifications including Audi Votex splitter kit!

Check them out!

The car will be shipped to malta.Here labour works dont cost alot like in the uk so I dont mind giving it a full service for a pieces of mind ie:timing belt,water pump etc.Also car will be having an s line kit with a single front grille.Dont mind changing the clutch as I will put and uprated one to cope with the remap lol.

I am more worried about rust issues.Ok I know these cars come with a 12 year gurantee (I think) but I was told uk cars above London do rust more because of the weather,(dont know if its true).

I was told uk cars above London do rust more because of the weather,(dont know if its true).

Yeah I was nearly put off buying my A3 because it came from Newcastle originally, and the Geordie weather isn't great. I gave the bodywork a thorough inspection before buying, and apart from a few empty bottles of 'broon' in the boot, it could almost have passed as a more desirable "Southern car".

You don't have to draw the line at London though, anything south of Watford Gap should be ok.

car is in Leicestershire.hows the weather there ?

car is in Leicestershire.hows the weather there ?

If it's the Market Harborough end, then you're fine, as that's almost Northamptonshire. If it's Loughborough way, that's nearly Nottinghamshire, so I'd make sure it was fairly thoroughly inspected.

dont know if its sold I guess it wont be on ebay anymore.I contacted the seller but no reply yet,also its still listed on their website.

If you want to check the history out get the reg of the car i notice it is a private plate though, or get the vin number and you can ring Audi Uk and they will do a service history check by vin number or reg plate i suspect you may want to get the vin number as Audi may not have anything listed with the private plate. If the trader asks what you wnat it for just tell him you HPI checking it before coming over, he shouldnt object to that if he is honest

does audi a3 tdi come with air condition as standard or its an option ?What

does audi a3 tdi come with air condition as standard ?What other extras are standard and do they vary between the single and split grill ?Thanks