Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Wheel spin in 4th gear normal?

Driving last night in the rain, I put my foot to the floor in 4th gear and the wheels started to loose grip and the ESP light on the dashboard came on - I've never experienced that in any other car but then I've never had a TDI before so I dont know if that is kind of normal? Going to check the tread on the tyres later today but it passed an MOT a few days ago so I would hope they still have enough on them... Anyone else get this or is it something I should be a bit worried about?

Its an A3 140 2.0 TDI btw

Cheers
    Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Maybe wet leaves on the road

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the site.

Its perfectly normal, dont worry about it, just a wet/greasy road at the time, as said maybe some leaves or oil.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Welcome to the world of Torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris128 View Post
    Driving last night in the rain, I put my foot to the floor in 4th gear and the wheels started to loose grip and the ESP light on the dashboard came on - I've never experienced that in any other car but then I've never had a TDI before so I dont know if that is kind of normal? Going to check the tread on the tyres later today but it passed an MOT a few days ago so I would hope they still have enough on them... Anyone else get this or is it something I should be a bit worried about?

Its an A3 140 2.0 TDI btw

Cheers
    Chris
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

Neutral

Status
    Ah thats ok then Thanks guys

6th Gear

Status
    What tyres you running?
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Neutral

Status
    no idea! Only been driving the car for 2 or 3 days. I'm going to check the pressures this week so I'll see what tyres they actually are then as well. That reminds me actually, someone told me that tyres for the new A3 are a pain as you have to get specially designed tyres that only fit the A3, rather than just being able to get any old tyre that is the correct size - is there any truth in that?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris128 View Post
    no idea! Only been driving the car for 2 or 3 days. I'm going to check the pressures this week so I'll see what tyres they actually are then as well. That reminds me actually, someone told me that tyres for the new A3 are a pain as you have to get specially designed tyres that only fit the A3, rather than just being able to get any old tyre that is the correct size - is there any truth in that?
    Nope ! Only some a8' came with metric sized alloys(500MM) wich had a very few tyre options and they were very expensive... Uless they are "run flat" tyres, they should be easy to source from local tyre shop.

Neutral

Status
    Ah thats good to know thanks. What are the recommended tyres for A3s then? I had pirelli's all round on my last car but they were damn expensive...