Calling 2.0 FSI owners - Fuel MPG and range?

The911SC

Reaction score
Hi all,
Bought a 2.0 FSI for my wife quite recently. It goes soon to make way for the V6 but I am getting poor MPG from it especially since it is supposed to be good for 40MPG + on a run.

I only get a maximum of 400 miles range with a tank full and yes I use optimax for the higher octane also.

Please let me know the type of range per tank you guys are getting since I suspect its not running right.

Thanks

Your getting 400 miles per tank at what kind of use? City only? I tend to get very different mpgs depending a bit where I drive, from 400 miles to over 600 miles per tank.

Then again, my driving is often very short distances inside city, so that's not very economical anyway. Add to that cold starts most of the year..

- Yak

And of course, as someone pointed at other thread, you need to use 98 octane fuel (I have no idea what optimax is).

- Yak

Optimax is 98 ron . I get 400 miles on a motorway run (ave 75-80). City use is about 310 tops.
What is the max you have had from a full tank?.

I haven't done any full-tank motorway run, but maximum so far has been over 850km, and at one (100km) trip I calculated average of 5,7l/100km (90-110km/h speed).

mm, moment, I'll google and convert these to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

So that's, uhm yeah, about 530 miles per tank (and that was only partially motorway, half of the distance in city), and 50mpg (imperial gallons).

So in that case I got good mileages, and good fuel economy. But usually my trips are so short, city, acceleration and so on, that I don't get good mileages.

- Yak

Ah, well then it's no wonder it eats more gasoline than what it's supposed to.

- Yak

Is the tank on the FSI bigger than the TDI ? I have never got better than 510 miles out of a tank and thats running it down to the very bottom. Then again I've never got 50mpg on anything other than very short journeys.