Sat Nav - Position 3d View

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafTT

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Me again!!!

The dealer says that I have the new 2010 RSNe and that it has a 3D view which shows building on the map.

I have tried the Sat Nav in 3d View and dont see any building on the map. Is he pulling my leg or am I missing the point?

Saf

As far as I knew it was a higher resolution map. I've not seen any images of buildings.

your leg has been pulled..

Stop creating new threads just for questions which you can ask all in one thread!

You map is in 3D. It can be set to 2D so it looks at the map from above like on the right here:

album_pic3.jpg

Or in 3D so it looks across the map like this:

RNSEMapHome3DDayEuroSoftware-vi.jpg

Stop creating new threads just for questions which you can ask all in one thread!

You map is in 3D. It can be set to 2D so it looks at the map from above like on the right here:

album_pic3.jpg

Or in 3D so it looks across the map like this:

RNSEMapHome3DDayEuroSoftware-vi.jpg

HOW DO YOU GET THE ONE IN THE FIRST PICTURE? I HAVE A 2007 S3 WITH 2007 NAV CD

Take the caps lock of please buddy.

There are two options in play here. On the right the normal map is in 2D mode, this is a setting change. On the right is just the junction zoom option enabled.

Take the caps lock of please buddy.

There are two options in play here. On the right the normal map is in 2D mode, this is a setting change. On the right is just the junction zoom option enabled.
how do you enable the junction zoom?

@ Staz

both additional threads gave provided assistance to people who may, or may not, have looked into a thread regarding an S3 Sportback.

Thanks for your reply.
:arco:

Last edited:
@ Staz

both additional threads gave provided assistance to people who may, or may not, have looked into a thread regarding an S3 Sportback.

Thanks for your reply.
:arco:

Their loss. The answers to all of your questions are already on the forum in other threads. Have a read of the welcome thread to understand my reasoning behind not opening multitudes of threads.

Following your [not incorrect] logic we would start a brand new thread for each individual question we ever have. This is simply not workable. Chances are the people who know the answers have already viewed your original thread and would have been able to answer the questions in there.

If you have a few questions all on the same day keep them together in a single thread.

Personally Staz I happen to agree with Saf's logic, reasoning is, if we have so many questions in the one thread, then it can get a tad messy & people commenting on many different things becomes a joke as replies to replies etc that dont even reflect the previous comments or discussion, yes I know you can quote previous posts, but sometimes it becomes tiring trawling through all the replies until you get to one thats actually in reply to your post.

Also if he thought of a number of queries but at different times, then I think anyone would ask in a new thread, it simplifies the whole process about a discussion on a certain subject, personally I would prefer people to open new threads on one subject alone as it keeps it (mostly) on track, where as asking about rns, s3, seats, interior, engine etc etc all in one thread can sometimes become annoying.

I have to say the "think of all your queries for the day & post all in one thread" is flawed tbh, I dont know many that do this & if we did then the forum would never be as busy/useful overall as people would see threads with discssions on vasts numbers of topics & it would end up like the well known Warren thread that has a title with every damn thing discussed since time began, think about it Staz, if you have 5 things to ask, how can you stick that all in a title for a start let alone discuss them all sensibly, yes its been done, but 90%+ of threads usually start with a single query, not multitude, as thats what happens on forums "oh I wonder if these bulbs will work with my headlights" etc etc, not "I wonder if these bulbs will work with my headlights & does the rns have a dvd player, also will my skirts fit the sline 3.2 which also leads me to if a turbo can fit the 3.2 & add an uprated exhaust" title, etc etc I think you get my point.

Now yes if it was all based around eg. the rns then maybe it can work eg "RNS-E queries" title, but most just post up single queries then ask another later.

However there is a wealth of information already on the site that if he'd bothered to use the Search function he may have found it already, but this is all based on how good the search system is & how he conducts his searches, mine & others have proved unfruitful on a number of occassionswhich is maybe why so many are reluctnat to use the system before aksing the question, but I more than often advis epeople to use this 1st & if no good ask on a new thread.

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue about it Nigel. There is no need for someone to have 2 live threads just to ask 2 questions.

Stop creating new threads

Take the caps lock of please buddy

You sound like Mr OCD :laugh:

Following your [not incorrect] logic we would start a brand new thread for each individual question we ever have

Just gave them your msn address Leon, then you can be the 24/7 oracle of AS :ninja: :laugh: :undwech:

Personally Staz I happen to agree with Saf's logic, reasoning is, if we have so many questions in the one thread, then it can get a tad messy & people commenting on many different things becomes a joke as replies to replies etc that dont even reflect the previous comments or discussion, yes I know you can quote previous posts, but sometimes it becomes tiring trawling through all the replies until you get to one thats actually in reply to your post.

Also if he thought of a number of queries but at different times, then I think anyone would ask in a new thread, it simplifies the whole process about a discussion on a certain subject, personally I would prefer people to open new threads on one subject alone as it keeps it (mostly) on track, where as asking about rns, s3, seats, interior, engine etc etc all in one thread can sometimes become annoying.

I have to say the "think of all your queries for the day & post all in one thread" is flawed tbh, I dont know many that do this & if we did then the forum would never be as busy/useful overall as people would see threads with discssions on vasts numbers of topics & it would end up like the well known Warren thread that has a title with every damn thing discussed since time began, think about it Staz, if you have 5 things to ask, how can you stick that all in a title for a start let alone discuss them all sensibly, yes its been done, but 90%+ of threads usually start with a single query, not multitude, as thats what happens on forums "oh I wonder if these bulbs will work with my headlights" etc etc, not "I wonder if these bulbs will work with my headlights & does the rns have a dvd player, also will my skirts fit the sline 3.2 which also leads me to if a turbo can fit the 3.2 & add an uprated exhaust" title, etc etc I think you get my point.

Now yes if it was all based around eg. the rns then maybe it can work eg "RNS-E queries" title, but most just post up single queries then ask another later.

However there is a welath of information already on the site that if he'd bothered to use the Search function he may have found it already, but this is all based on how good the search system is & how he conducts his searches, mine & others have proved unfruitful on a number of occassionswhich is maybe why so many are reluctnat to use the system before aksing the question, but I more than often advis epeople to use this 1st & if no good ask on a new thread.

Well said Mr Buckets :rolleyes:

On the RNS-E 2010 model you will not get buildings, as the DVD does not have enough storage capacity (4.5Gb)

You get Topographic maps with Buildings and landmarks such as The Gerkin and The London Eye, with the new MMI 3G systems that offer an option to have the nav information on a HDD. that includes a 10Gb Jukebox and Sim card slot.

You sound like Mr OCD :laugh:

I ****** hate caps!

Just gave them your msn address Leon, then you can be the 24/7 oracle of AS :ninja: :laugh::undwech:

Can I charge by the minute???

On the RNS-E 2010 model you will not get buildings, as the DVD does not have enough storage capacity (4.5Gb)

You get Topographic maps with Buildings and landmarks such as The Gerkin and The London Eye, with the new MMI 3G systems that offer an option to have the nav information on a HDD. that includes a 10Gb Jukebox and Sim card slot.

I saw the new Navigon sat navs recently with 3D mapping. Looks great!

NAVIGON_teaser_home_main_8410_screen_en.jpg

I ****** hate caps!

DO YOU? I WONDER WHY THAT IS? IS IT BECAUSE IT GETS ON YOUR NERVES AND ITS REALLY ANNOYING, ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE USE IT, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE A KEYBOARD PROPERLY, GOOD JOB I DO, ISN'T IT!

:laugh:

Can I charge by the minute???

You'll have a TT-RS, R8 V10, RS6 estate, and RS3 in no time :arco:

DO YOU? I WONDER WHY THAT IS? IS IT BECAUSE IT GETS ON YOUR NERVES AND ITS REALLY ANNOYING, ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE USE IT, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE A KEYBOARD PROPERLY, GOOD JOB I DO, ISN'T IT!

:laugh:

yES! it IS gReAt Dat AT LeaSt sUm1 cAn riTE pROperLy

You'll have a TT-RS, R8 V10, RS6 estate, and RS3 in no time :arco:

Lambo fur mich bitte :thumbsup:

I'm not going to argue about it Nigel. There is no need for someone to have 2 live threads just to ask 2 questions.

Staz, seriously, are you for real today, think you should re-read that comment & check what this site is about.

Also hold on 1 minute, whose arguing staz, its a forum, we discuss things openly, as far as I can read my comments are just a sensible opinion about a subject that obviously is of interest to a few members.

So are you going to go on every thread of a user who has posted 2 queries in a day, to say, "next time save all your queries up until the end of day or next to post all at once", I mean staz really think about it a bit more, that is tbh & quite frankly a stupid approach to the forum, you really cant expect that to happen, seriously, it really doesnt work that way & hasnt done on any forum I have seen/used.

If the guy asked the same query in several forum sub sections then yes totally would be stupid, but 2 or more different queries about different subjects, how can you consider that wrong at all.

Really see no logic in that thought process at all, really dont.

You're now implementing a strategy that quite simply wont work IMHO & I see this alienating more members that want a more open site that doesnt frown upon someone just cause they want to post multiple threads about differing subjects.

Remember this is a discussion on a subject, not a heated argument.

Staz, seriously, are you for real today, think you should re-read that comment & check what this site is about.....

.....Remember this is a discussion on a subject, not a heated argument.

Stop making it into an argument then. I've simply asked that if someone has more than one question to ask they put it in a single thread rather than speed the board up by creating new ones.

There's no hard an fast rule or law but everyone else manages to do it ok. In fact most people who get a new car find themselves having to ask lots of questions which is totally fine, but why not put them all in the same thread? It'll get just as much attention!

You're making this into something far bigger than it is. Have you nothing better to do???

:box:

Superb banter guys....just joined this forum recently and couldn't quite believe how grown up this was for the first few days.....so looking forward to learning, meeting new online friends and sharing content, views and opinions :whistle2:

For the record I am "cixelsid", colour blind and loving this forum :applaus:

lol It's pretty grown up overall TBH. My mate goes on a 2 scooby sites and a Mk1 GTI site and it's amazing some of the stuff that goes on over there!

Staz
Your attitude to other posters especially new guys sucks.

Get of your high horse. stop moving peoples threads stop dishing out petty criticism and go with the flow mate. Have YOU got nothing better to do.

Wahay and here's Paddy to put his 2p in too!

Give it a rest :laugh:

Jeez man this has got outta hand
it's late and I don't want to type my reply on iPhone
I'll shall try and use the search facility more

Peace

The thread header give the clue to the thread content. It makes perfect sense to have a thread for each question.
I am all for thread moderation but this constant picking on people for petty reasons is a real down side of this site. does it really matter if a guy starts one or two threads?.
Jeez...If it really bothers you then hang up your mods hat and give us all a break.

Paddy,

if you have a problem with the way the forum is run, as always, please feel free to send a PM to another moderator or to one of the administrators.

I think it's extremely unfair for you to conclude that my attitude towards new members sucks. You'll find it's normally the very opposite. YOUR attitude to others leaves a lot to be desired though.

You should also note that even though I reprimanded/complained/whatever you wish to call it I still actually helped by answering the questions at hand!

It certainly does make sense to have the thread title that belongs to the question at hand, but [again] all I'm asking is that if someone has multiple questions they put them in one thread. They can even put more than one thing in the thread title :faint:

As was put perfectly by SafTT...

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.