Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

2.0TFSI quattro (2005) - remap/DV valve

Hi there have recently purchased a lovely 2.0TFSI Quattro Sportback..
    I'm interested in getting this remapped as I did on my last car and the results were amazing.
    My garage are a Celtic Tuning outlet and can offer me this generic map for 300 which a very good price. The Angel Tuning map on my Bora Pd was excellent and I think there companies use the same maps.

However I am aware there are Diverter valve issues on this cars , will a 2005 car have the OE uprated DV or the original one?
    Also I think the car has either a full milltek on it but I need to get under properly to check or if its just a rear can.
    I'm also considering a Bluefin but a new DV AND Celtic Tuning remap could be had for the same price which obviously is more appealing.

Replies appreciated >.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    GIAC and REVO seem to be the most popular remaps

I've gone down the GIAC remap and I'm really impressed with it - big difference
    S3 Sept 08 to.....
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport April 04 - May 08

5th Gear

Status
    cheers.
    I think the nearest Revo dealer will be charging about 500 hmmm...
    anything info on the DV ?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    can't help with the dump valve info, someone else should chip in though
    S3 Sept 08 to.....
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport April 04 - May 08

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    However I am aware there are Diverter valve issues on this cars , will a 2005 car have the OE uprated DV or the original one?
    It will have the original DV(unless its been replaced already), the uprated one came out in 2006 sometime.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Neutral

Status
    I have a 55 reg (06 updated shape) 2.0 tfsi and went to the trouble of fitting the newer diverter valve, after I got it chipped. It was a pain in the arse to fit being at the bottom of the engine, although I am not very competent when it comes to mechanics.

When I picked up the new dv from Audi the guy reckoned he had never had anyone have any problems with the older version I had. I would just leave the old one on, presumably you would be able to tell if it had a tear anyway.

the uprated one came out in 2006 sometime.
    There has been another new one since, which is the one I have - there was no difference in performance once fitted, although it does sound a tiny bit quieter.
    Last edited by cameron1; 18th November 2009 at 00:36.
    2.0Tfsi Quattro S-line + remap

GONE LOW BUT GOING LOWER

Status
    I have the forge dv and splitter adaptor on my 2006 sportback and it does make abit of a difrence can fell the boost kick in and spools the turbo up nicley too, well worth the money yh its a pain to fit but all worth it in the end.. i would say get it.. but if your having a map put on then you need to change the spring inside the forge dv for the yellow one surplied with it.. reason being the sring that comes standard in it is very soft and will need a stiffer spring to cope with the higher boost..

hope that helps

G

Boycie

Status
    Just run the DV valve to failure and then replace it - no harm and no point changing it if its not broken

I have revo, milltek exhaust and itg panel filter in my s3 and still using the stock DV valve