I want red leather!

johal87

Reaction score
Hi all..

anybody got red leather? and they dont want it anymore lol?

I miss it so much, I had it in my last a3, and i really miss the way it goes with black!

so if its too bright for anybody, please contact me, money waiting, and also my s line half leathers, black with white inserts, they also look the business and was the reason I brought this car, but now, again, im after red leathers, and I love the car too much to want to sell it and search for another a3 with red leather

:D

I had the full red nappa leather and it was heated with electric lumber support mate

I do like the black with red centres but I'd still have full red over it

I have actully tried him, but he's a dealer and just wants to sell the car, which I'm actully in two minds of buying, and then just selling on, but I didn't wanna go through the hassle of putting 7k into another car even if it is just for two weeks lol

West mids, what are average retrim prices? Would they be able to get the same color etc?

Everyone to there own, but cant stand red leather, certainly lowers the selling potential of a car overall unless its a supercar that is.

Everyone to there own, but cant stand red leather, certainly lowers the selling potential of a car overall unless its a supercar that is.

Is that comment based on anything other than your personal dislike of red leather?

I've had cars with red leather, as has a friend in a couple of BMW's, and from my experience this made them easier to sell if anything.

Based on personal comments by some forum users over the years, other car owners I have spoken with & dealers, also if you compare the number of cars with red or black leather then you can see the POV aswell, red leather isnt a favourite for car owners overall & I cant see you disagreeing with that fact.

Based on personal comments by some forum users over the years, other car owners I have spoken with & dealers, also if you compare the number of cars with red or black leather then you can see the POV aswell, red leather isnt a favourite for car owners overall & I cant see you disagreeing with that fact.

Red leather is a more expensive option than black leather in most cases.

If it's the right combo - black or silver car with red leather, then it works. It's a very desirable combo in a lot of BMW's - I've a mate with red leather in a silver Z4 - looks great, a mate hate red leather in a silver E46 - he was fighting buyers away... black S2000's with red leather sell very well.

BAD colour combinations don't sell well, but that's a different story.

I agree with you that it's not commonly spec'd in new vehicles, but I disagree that it makes a car harder to sell.

I'll give you that, colour combo's dont help at all, but tbh majority of cars have a fair combo, the hideous ones are a serious minority IMHO, but black does go with almost any combo you get anyway which is why there are many more available.

The one thing I wont agree on is the cost factor, yes it maybe little more expensive, but in the grand scheme of things, most are bought on finance where they dont worry about the extra £10 a month & IMHO it doesnt come down to the cost of the leather that affects if they have red or black, its down to the colour, be interesting to test that fact though, I would say most would say yeah red is nice but would get bored with it or start to hate, where as black day in day out as millions have chosen.

As an example, I checked the configurator with say a new A3, the difference in cost of black/red was £200, which over 3-5yrs of finance or the cost of a car paid in cash is sod all, admittedly higher line cars maybe more which means the person would pay more anyway as they can afford it or they'd get a lower spec car, but this is a good example, of course a ferrari maybe several K more, but then we're talking about a car that has an air filter that costs probably hundreds, lol.

As I said this is IMHO, but I still believe majority of cars leather colours are down to choice not cost.

Actually this is an interesting time to start a poll, not to prove whose right/wrong, just be interested to know of opinions.

Black on black sells well with any car, it's like the perfect combo

however, too me I would really go out my way to get red leather but only with certain cars, my dads got the new BMW m3 in space grey with red leather looks amazing! We did try for 6 Months to find a boxster in silver with red leather for my mum but in the and in the end gave up and got silver with black

dad had a rs4 06 before the m3 and that come with black buckets but never ever would we have got that with red leather it would have looked cheap.. Even if it does cost more,

Each to there own I guess, but I think a black a3 with red leather is the perfect spec =]