Red S3 Sportbacks

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
I am about to order my new S3 but am still undecided on colour. Had initially opted for white but am leaning more towards red now. Have vowed never to own another black car again in my life. Murder for swirls and dust etc.

Pics of your red S3 Sportbacks would be appreciated. Cheers.

Silver with black optics and anthracite alloys looks awesome and it's the most forgiving colour in terms of scratches and dirt.

I've had black and now white. Both look fantastic clean and shiny. Black is murder for dirt, scratches, swirls, etc, but white gets dirty in a flash. I'm starting to think Silver is a tidy colour. As jeffy says, would look gnarly with tints and anthracite/black alloys.

Apart from the official S3 brochure, I haven't seen many Silver one though in the flesh. Any facelift silver S3's on here?

You dont see many A3's in silver at all! I remember the days of the mk4 golf an mk1 focus and they all seemed to be silver back then.

If i had the money, mine would be yellow

I Know it not an S3 but heres a couple of my A3 Black Edition in Red. I like red as you don't see them around
DSC00402.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

...sure I have the most common colour!

Me is part of this common car colour club that Boydie's in!

We should have a survey of what standard\optional colours everyones cars are on here... (custom paint excluded) .. to see what really is commonest (best in some peoples opinion) of common...

Nowt wrong with Silver but curiously why white in Turkey? Am I missing the punch line or missing the point completely?

KKP

Dusty roads in Turkey and dark/shiny metallics look terrible in a coat of dust!

I have an S3 Sportback in red, probably a more acurate description at the moment is dull 10 year old Corsa red. I like the look when its clean but given the time of year and the milage I do I wish I had gone for white. Sorry I aint got any pics to share.

Bought S3 Sportback on 1st September - red. Traded in A3 - red!! :yes:

copy010.jpg

copy007.jpg

Autoglym probably a good idea to keep the red bright. The 3 year old still looked good and polished up well.

Considered the sprint blue original but stuck to the red cos it was less common. (Thought the wife wouldn't notice the change:whistle2:)

Mine's not an S3, but this should give you an idea of Garnet Red (rare) - although I'm not sure you can get S3s in this colour...

IMG_1108.jpg

Last edited: