2.0 TDi cold air intake

pdv40

Reaction score
I remember reading a few threads on here about new intake systems for the 2.0 TDi and just read an article in this month's PVW that might be useful to some. A company called Dbilas have just released some new kits, their UK supplier is Regal Autosport, retails a £199 www.regal-auto.co.uk :icon_thumright:

Is yours a stock 2.0tdi or upgraded, cause unless you have above stock & even with a remap, I see no point in wasting the dough on this, as unless its hybrid with a vast power upgrade then you wont see any noticable differences mate, I have fittted a hybrid awaiting custom when back in UK, but I might just get a green panel filter but a £200 CAI is a tad OTT I reckon for a fairly low powered car.

I had a BMC CDA on my S3 & it didnt make any noticable difference, it tends to be more of a "I've got this CAI" thing rather than a mod to benefit the car overall.

But each to there own mate.

Nige
Nice to see someone telling it like it is and not just flying the flag for the goodies shops.
I remember learning the hard way when i brought a £200+ induction kit ( K&N) 15 years ago for my VR6....Made a lot of noise but i swear it slowed the car down. After a couple of weeks it ran rough and i found the MAF sensor coated in oil from the filter. anyway....I cleaned it up and put a VAG paper filter back on and it just ran so much better and it was noticeably quicker !!
Its not what people want to hear but you just cant buy cheap BHP :yes: