DPF Bypass

Sam DSG

Reaction score
Hey, im new to this whole forum thing, but just wanted to say i had my DPF filter removed and replaced with the Milltek Bypass pipe and a Remap. Basically if you want your 170 TDI to perform like it should this is an essential bit of kit! Its now puttin out 220+ bhp and 470+nm torque! it hasnt been dynoed but these are the minimum figures so it could be more. And this is on a DSG box and it copes with the extra torque just fine. if you want any more information the company i used was JBS AutoSport in Chesterfield, they are the only company who have access to the DPF delete from Milltek so if you want it done and done right they are the people to go to! :icon_thumright:

Very responsible - I don't think.

Audi go to a lot of trouble to improve the environmental impact of it's cars and people like Millteck produce products to bypass it. And why - purely so the car can go a little faster. With any luck your car will fail it's emissions test when it has an MOT.

Remapping is one thing. Removing the DPF is another ball game.

Yeah each to their own IMO

He could have chosen a old banger.

And JBS are not the only people that can do this. Very strange first post as sounds just like an advert for JBS not that they are known on other forums for posting adverts under new user names or doing other such things of coarse.....:sign_plug:

Its not an ad for JBS actually was just saying. Im only passing on information i have been told. And tbh i dont think it will fail the MOT because diesels run a smoke test not emissions.

just re read the post again and cant belive how much it sounds like an AD haha. Perhaps being awake at 4am is a bad thing.

And tbh i dont think it will fail the MOT because diesels run a smoke test not emissions.

But the whole purpose of the DPF is to reduce the particles which are present in the smoke.

And Matt I don't work or belong to Greenpeace or any other similar organisation, but I do think we, as motorists, should take emissions and the like seriously, otherwise we will all end up with an overall 50mph speed limit and/or electric cars with limited speed and endurance.

Any new diesel will not pass the latest EU Environmetal Standards unless it is fitted with a DPF, which is why the new A3 2.0TDI 140 and 170 have to have one fitted.

So if the DPF filter is not present it will immediately fail an mot? I honestly wasnt aware of this :s. Luckily i kept the original pipe so it can be reffited if needs be.

The only reason i had the delete pipe put in was because the car running a remap only used to chug above 65 under full throttle. This was because the engine was throwing out to much exhaust gas for the filter to handle (again im going on what ive been told and it does sorta make sense)

And apoligies again about the first post, it wasnt meant to be a plug for a company i just thought they did a good job in my opinion.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the kind post! I am glad that you are happy with the outcome! I guess that is all that matters.

Dave, each to their own! A lot of people will want to keep the DPF on their cars and others will not. Same old story with a CAT on petrol engines.

Also as an FYI - we had a few of the first development cars sent for an MOT (not that they needed one, just to see what would be said) and they all came back with a pass.

JBS are the ONLY supplier of the Milltek DPF delete pipe. It even has a JBS part number .. Feel free to call Milltek and see for yourself.

Last edited:
But the whole purpose of the DPF is to reduce the particles which are present in the smoke.

And Matt I don't work or belong to Greenpeace or any other similar organisation, but I do think we, as motorists, should take emissions and the like seriously, otherwise we will all end up with an overall 50mph speed limit and/or electric cars with limited speed and endurance.

Any new diesel will not pass the latest EU Environmetal Standards unless it is fitted with a DPF, which is why the new A3 2.0TDI 140 and 170 have to have one fitted.

Passing the latest EU environmental standards is different to passing an MOT. A lot of petrol cars have pre-cats for example to pass certain regulations, but still sail through an MOT.

I disagree completely that it's a wrong thing to do. The OP is clearly more bothered about performance than the environment which is his right. He could go out tomorrow and buy a Dodge Viper which would make the planet die a little bit every time he drove it.

I still like the idea of buying a Prius and fitting a V8 in it, but will save that plan for another time...

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the kind post! I am glad that you are happy with the outcome! I guess that is all that matters.

Dave, each to their own! A lot of people will want to keep the DPF on their cars and others will not. Same old story with a CAT on petrol engines.

Also as an FYI - we had a few of the first development cars sent for an MOT (not that they needed one, just to see what would be said) and they all came back with a pass.

JBS are the ONLY supplier of the Milltek DPF delete pipe. It even has a JBS part number .. Feel free to call Milltek and see for yourself.

Mike

Are they not the same as whats on the 170 golfs?

Very responsible - I don't think.

Audi go to a lot of trouble to improve the environmental impact of it's cars and people like Millteck produce products to bypass it. And why - purely so the car can go a little faster. With any luck your car will fail it's emissions test when it has an MOT.

Remapping is one thing. Removing the DPF is another ball game.

I've had so many problems with my DPF (8 visits to the dealer for regeneration as it fills after 100 kms and frequently does not self regenerate) that I can understand why people remove it. The dealer considers the car to be 'perfect' and says I shouldn't be driving it around town (2007 2.0 TDI). Madness. A lot of people have problems with the DPF and Audi flatly refused to acknowledge that it has a serious design flaw.

Reactions: allen61
i for one cant wait to go to jbs on the 24th of jan to have my dpf delete pipe fitted along with cat back system, air filter and remap:)

i too have had the problem of the dpf not regenerating, i find a gd sprinted drive for 10-15mins sorts if right out :) only happened once, buy shouldnt have it again with the delete pipe fitted

I'm having the same done to mine when i get it :) With Midland VW there another Custom Code retailer and it seems only Custome Code have fot round the DPF deletion without any issues.

I'm having the same done to mine when i get it :) With Midland VW there another Custom Code retailer and it seems only Custome Code have fot round the DPF deletion without any issues.

Is this going to be a new common rail 2.0 TDI or older PD?

it's a 2007 56 plate but only done 25k and i know the full history as my moms owned it from new lol she fancies a new one and looking at the 1.4 sline this time round.

Plans for the tdi are 19" A6 splits and r32 brakes sitting in my shed :) looking at lowering it on Rayvern Air as my mates just had his Passat done and the ride quality and look are the business and the DPF bypass and remap.