Volks AutosBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You change your mind more than a mexican whore changes her knickers mate, lol, thats if she even wears them I guess, lol

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_Rider View Post
    As I would need a the full kit for the S3/R32 brake setup I may be getting some performance discs instead.

Been looking at http://www.performancebrakes.co.uk/

Front:
    312 Diam
    50 Height
    25 New Thick-ness
    23 Min Thick-ness

162 a pair.
    Waste of cash. You'd be better just buying some good pads and a set of Goodridge brake lines. On a car like this there's no real benefit going for "performance" discs.

The S3 setup works really well for a factory setup and would be a massive improvement over the 312mm discs you've got already, and if you buy the calipers for the right money is an inexpensive upgrade.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Couldnt agree more with what you just said.

Did you use the MK5 lines from Goodridge as 8P isnt listed & they replied saying none for that model, but obviously MK5 3.2 is same as 3.2 8P so must fit.

If so, do you have the part numbers to hand please.

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Couldnt agree more with what you just said.

Did you use the MK5 lines from Goodridge as 8P isnt listed & they replied saying none for that model, but obviously MK5 3.2 is same as 3.2 8P so must fit.

If so, do you have the part numbers to hand please.
    Yes they were the Mk5 4WD lines which were a perfect fit. Part no was SVW0615-4C for the kit with stainless fittings I went for.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thanks, its is appreciated.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Good find Pete, can't wait to get my brakes on now....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Waste of cash. You'd be better just buying some good pads and a set of Goodridge brake lines. On a car like this there's no real benefit going for "performance" discs.

The S3 setup works really well for a factory setup and would be a massive improvement over the 312mm discs you've got already, and if you buy the calipers for the right money is an inexpensive upgrade.
    The 312mm discs are the ones I wanted to get from that site as I need new discs (still using the same ones I got when new).

I'm thinking; combine the discs with the pads and brakelines you said = worth it?
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

Update on A3/TT 3.2 V6 software update: See this post

Pedal to the Metal!!!

Status
    Gents (Nige + Nath) your expertise on brakes is required again!
    I have a 2006 a3 2.0tdi 3dr and need the entire brake setup replacing as im at 101,000 and have only replaced the pads since buying 3 years ago at 16,000 miles.
    You have mentioned above that the R32 / S3 / 3.2 brake setups are 'almost' identical.
    So for me to get that setup and get a garage to fit them labour only I would need to provide them with the following:
    - Brake discs
    - Pads
    - Calipers
    - Carriers
    - Brake Lines

Where would you recommend I start looking and would I just ask if they have the parts for the R32 / S3 / 3.2 braking system?
    Do I need the setup from the same year as my car (2006)?
    Any other things I should take into consideration?

Thanks again chaps!

H8
    Reverse Gear

Status
    hi all, am looking at a set of s3 brakes set on ebay now and i was wondering if it will fit on my Mk 2 skoda octavia VRS.. and also would anyone know if i can upgrade my turbo to the s3 - would the pipes be the same?? many thanks

Neutral

Status
    Finally fitted my S3 brakes
    Before:

During:

After:

And today after a clean pics all round as I haven’t put any up

2009 - A4 S-line 2.0TDi

Neutral

Status
    anyone know if the s3 brakes fit under 17s?

Neutral

Status
    As far as I am aware they wont
    2009 - A4 S-line 2.0TDi

4th Gear

Status
    Yep they do! I've got a complete hub set up, dropped it in and fitted
    Last edited by warrenlord; 1st May 2011 at 23:01.

6th Gear

Status
    +1 for them fitting under 17's, the 3.2 has the same brakes and that came with 17's as standard from the factory
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

6+1 Gears

Status
    It depend on the rims you want to use. On some 17"s they might not work. I have a friend who recently made the conversion to S3 front brakes and they fit. I'm also going to do this upgrade.
    The distance between the caliper and the rim is VERY small. If the rim has spokes that are inclined, they may hit the caliper.
    These rims will fit:

DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

Neutral

Status
    cool cuz they're the wheels I have and I have 10mm spacers on the fron anyway

6th Gear

Status
    Ive a full set of 8P facelift S3 brakes for sale if anyone is looking for a set, come complete with calipers, pads, discs and brake lines. PM me if interested.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12