First to do 08-09 front conversion?

Looks nice from the outside , but the inside ....

Steering wheel for starters , and the s-tronic gear stick.
Why go to all the trouble to do the outside and leave the inside..
Must of cost a ****** fortune

So it has an S3 exhaust ? and sounds like an S3 ? (it only runs on 4 cylinders i expect) and S3 big clippers as well !!! :faint:

Now why would anyone take a gorgeous, sexy, lovely beautiful scrumptious 3.2 DSG.....................and turn it into an old S3 type thingy....? :)l

Wonder whether its a proper job, or if you hooked it up to VAGCOM you may find some unexpected error codes.

some typos in the listing too LOL. I would have splashed out for the S3 pedals too.

I'm wondering if the face lift could be done cheaper that we think, often because the cars are so new they often dont sell on ebay. I guess a silly offer for parts might be accepted?

I never understood what's the point to make a car something it isnt.

Plus, wouldnt it be cheaper to just buy the real thing?

30K for an S3 and if you buy a nice clean A3 for 6-7k and spend 3k making it how you want and are keeping it for 2 or more years it may be worth it, not many people have 30k in these times or may never will, unless yourone of the 7 IT workers at Hewlett Packard with a lucky ticket lol

Looks like a good job.....
I can understand why someone in a 1.4 or 1.6 wanting to make their car look like an S3 as it's a lot cheaper to run and insure. But a 3.2.... Not really worth it imo.
Interior lets it down but for say 10K that would be a good car for a young driver and I don't think they'd care about that too much.

I never understood what's the point to make a car something it isnt.

Plus, wouldnt it be cheaper to just buy the real thing?

Thats why a lot of "replicas" of any type of car tend to be Cat C/D. If your going to replace all the panels anyway, you might aswell buy a smashed up one to start with. If that car had a heavy frontal or all round panel damage, I doubt it would fetch more than 6k at a salvage auction. 4k on parts and for 10k you have something that looks great and is cheap to run.(not in this case though) Simples!

The brakes look too small for a 3.2....isn't it supposed to have the same brakes with the S3?

I prefer the old style buttons. Is that a bulb out warning on the DIS?

Yeah maybe the LED's arent wired up! Would have to make the mirrors work too for the indicators. I'd be interested to find out if all the electronic bits work ok, also has the LED rears to match.

And don't 09 S lines have that style wheel aswell? I think everyone is too used to looking at FBMMFSW's on here!

Std on an S3 ????

Yah ...

s3.jpg

Chris

Looks well dodgy , check is feedback , and its in bradford .,if you bought all the bits it would cost thousands ,and youd never get them from a breakers

Looks well dodgy , check is feedback , and its in bradford .,if you bought all the bits it would cost thousands ,and youd never get them from a breakers

You can quite easily pic up the parts from a breakers , just depends on which part of the car was smashed to write if off , then take the rest and so on from another S3.

I am sure i would find it quite easy to get all the parts..

It's a bit unfair to judge someone on a full ( or near enough ) mod by saying it looks dodgy , surly that's all we are doing modding our cars , he has just gone that bit further and it's not the first time as stated pregnatandproud did it very well with a great write up..

If this guy had a write up on here , would we all be clapping his work rather then doubting where the parts are from. Reminds me of the whole ebay bucket seat's thread "mr angry " then a forum member bought them..

To quick to judge and not enough applauds , for a good looking job IMO.

Should defiantly take the S3 badge of though , its a nice looking car from the outside , But it is not an S3.

Last edited:
Id be intrested to know why on some pictures it has the halogen headlights with the filament bulb DRL's and then on others it has the Xenon plaus lights with LED DRL's... ???

Really dont like look-a-likes at all.:drag:

The 3.2 Sline is a desirable car anyway, why make it look like something its not?

I suppose the FSI is not exactly lame but the seller describes it as "very fast" Thats lame!

I see this thread has moved on a bit from the original post (I missed it first time around) but WTF?

Over £14K for a crash damaged A3 with an identity crisis?

As someone else posted, I can imagine taking a 1.6 or a lame 2.0 FSI ;) and pretending it's something it's not, but this is a not even 3 year old car that would have cost S3 money when new.

You should be proud to have the character and engine sound of a V6 rather than the soul-less boom-tish-boom-tish of a turbo...

maybe he's in his 70s so it seems fast? LOL

I think it's safe to say that "easymate00" is not in his 70's, and wouldn't be the sort of chap you'd want to buy a car from...

I think it's safe to say that "easymate00" is not in his 70's, and wouldn't be the sort of chap you'd want to buy a car from...

He is referiing to the second one i've posted based on a 2.0 FSI. Seller in this case is RS4_conversion so maybe this guy does this sort of thing for a living!