New wheels won't fit, HELP!

danclarke

2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep
Reaction score
hi first of all, iv just bought a new a3 8p 2.0 tdi 53 plate stepped up from a 8l 2001 s3,

i have a slight problem and need a quick answer so i can get it sorted so here goes, i bought some new tt wheels for it, ET 53 9j wheels, problem is the rim is too close to the suspension and need to space it out, but dont want to buy spacers that will make wheels poke out and rub arches, so was just wondering what size spacers will make them fit as close to stadard as possible? what is standard ET on the a3? thanks for help, will post pics of new car soon.

Dan,

10mm spacer and you want to run a stretched tyre to avoid rubbing. A 215/35 or a 225/35 on a 9J will be suffice. Than this on my rims and didn't have a problem.

Post pics of the car also

N8

thanks for fast reply, at the moment they have 245/40/18 iv ordered 225/40/18 i thought they would give enough stretch to give the rim clearance? they are falken tyres aswell and iv had them before and the sidewall looks stretched on them even when they are the rigt size?, i will post pics up soon as, thanks again for help.

Im running a 225 on a 9J rim on mine (et 42) and its down 25mm on H&R springs. No issues with rubbing :happy:

I found 215 to be too much stretch for my liking :ermm: