Problems with 2.0 tdi running rough when cold

Pedro

Reaction score
Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Hi, Ive got 2.0 tdi a3 dsg, got a engine management light on last month, turns out it needed a new manifold intake, so ive replaced it, and it run brill for two weeks, but now, its revs are going up and down when its cold, but fine whens its warm... has anyone got any ideas? thanks...

Welcome to the site.

Please use the search function 1st as this has been discussed a number of times, then post any further questions if you still are not sure of your issues.

It`s a common PD140 BKD engine design fault. Raise the tick over revs by a few hundred revs with VagCom should sort the problem.

Also if you are in need of vagcom, check my sig link for members willing to help or I sell the genuine kit.

OT - Mikey havnt forgotten you mate, the info for the files you wanted is on my desktop thats crashed, working on remotely the last week so when back up will send over mate, promise.

Did the computer crash or you spilled beer over it .....

you might have an air leak if the intake manifold flap wasnt put on right..

mine id a similar thing when i pinched one of the gaskets

Thanks for taking the time to give me ideas all, at least it doesnt seem serious, i was worring about it abit, i will check for any air leaks, if not i will try any find someone local with a Vagcom...
Thanks again!

Im also after a tailgate roof spoiler, if anyone can help, the factory fitted one, i can only find non-gen ones on ebay, would really prefer a genuine one...

Well I sell vagcom & I might have a genuine spoiler for sale soon.

£241 delivered within uk & international just the additional postage costs.