AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Weird Fusebox, Air Con Always on, Advice please

Hi again lol

right, my Econ light is always on.. and i done abit of reseach and before i thought of major things, it said check the fuses..

so i went to check them, (side of dash panel), Number 4 is too do with the heaters (1st row, small fuses), and theres a connector plug in there and a wire running from it, I cant see where the wire is going.., instead of a fuse, any idea what this is for guys?

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    When you say econ light do you mean the aircon econ button? i.e. the aircon is switched off.

There shouldn't be any wires coming from the fusebox front, they should all come from the rear out of the way. I'm guessing you haven't had the car from new? Maybe a previous owner has tapped into a power supply?

As you have probably found there could be a few things causing it. Is there nobody nearby that has VagCom to check for any faults?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    On the climate control unit, theres a ECON button, as far as i know this means economy mode? and basically its lighted up, and will not turn off, no matter what I press, as we had the same button on our RS4, I was thinking that two mate

yes I brought the second hand, and found a whole load of faults with it :s, which im learning and taking care of over time,

I did recently have it vagcom'd as the steering sensor needed resetting, but there was nothing to do with the heaters by the looks of it?

3rd Gear

Status
    I would get a regass, aircon won't run if low pressure is in the system,its to protect the compressor.
    If the regass doesn't sort it then scan for faults,low pressure sensors can fail.

5th Gear

Status
    the fuse which blows is a fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet

Basically the intake manifold flap jams and blows the fuse which is also for the aircon fans, thats why the econ light will not switch off

Have a read at this thread

Help - P3103 V157 - Motor Intake Manifold Flap - EGR Valve...How do i solve?

i may be wrong

Sometimes replacing the fuse sorts the problem and it may never blow again
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    If you push Auto and the Econ button lights , this tells you the compressor is not being switched on. This can either be a problem with the compressor circuit (low refrigerant perhaps), or perhaps the interior fan is not working. It may be that the fuse in the AC circuit is blown ? either way the econ light is a fault code in its self i think
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Neutral

Status
    if you're not aware of a regas of your air con within the last 2-3 years then it is more than likely this. You can get it done by mobile guys for about 50...

My mum's A3 had the same problem, it turned out to be no gas in the compressor at all as a pipe had split before we bought it! so pipe replaced under warranty and regassed job done!
    Collected 14 July - 2009 MY10 A3 1.9TDIe Sport 3dr in Brilliant Black
    Factory options: Cruise Control, Debadged, Chrome Exhaust tips
    Mods: CC Tuning remap.