Sportback Load Edge protection

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a Load Edge protection film, which is a transparent film that fits over the rear bumper on a Sportback to protect the bumper from scratches when load items into the luggage area. The part number is 8P5 061 197.

It is design to fit the 8P Sportback from 2004 to 2008. I purchased it (£30.00) some while ago but never did get round to putting on to my Sportback and it will not fit my current 2009 Sportback.

So it's going for £12.00 including postage if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM with your name and address and be prepared to pay using Paypal.

I'll have it if it can be cut and stuck into curves.....oooh I'd like to put it on the door exits on my S4 to protect from children's feet.

I'll have it if it can be cut and stuck into curves.....oooh I'd like to put it on the door exits on my S4 to protect from children's feet.

Not sure about that. It's cut and shaped to fit the rear load edge of an A3 Sportback.

Now sold to a Sportback owner.

Dave, so am I allowed to stick some audi parts on a thread now as you have, I have a few parts to get rid of.

Dave, so am I allowed to stick some audi parts on a thread now as you have, I have a few parts to get rid of.

Personally I don't see why not. If they are parts for the 8P and you only want a 'nominal' rather than market price for them, then you would be doing other 8P owners a favour.

I'm not sure some of the other Moderators would agree, but that's my view. Perhaps we should agree that anything selling for say less than £20 should be allowed in the actual model forum. Anything more than that should be in the classified. I will take it up with the other Mods on our Admin thread and see what their view is.

It would only be fair to the other members really dont you think, as if a moderator is allowed, then would set the precidence tbh or is it against the rules to advertise parts on threads, I'm not entirely sure, mainly cause I havnt fully read the rules as I'm sure most others havnt.

Well I've just posted the item on the moderators thread to see what the others think. If they think I've done wrong the can always ban me for a while. At least that way I wouldn't need to keep reading lots of posts.

My thread and others have been locked when I've tried to post something to sell. Could the moderators please confirm if its now acceptable to post?

:undwech:

If they think I've done wrong the can always ban me for a while. At least that way I wouldn't need to keep reading lots of posts.

Comes with the badge. Its not a job I would fancy!

My thread and others have been locked when I've tried to post something to sell. Could the moderators please confirm if its now acceptable to post?

My understanding is it's not acceptable to place items for sale on the A3 forum, they must be put in the classified section.

Ban you, lol, yeah right, that'll be the day, you accepted the post of moderator fella, this comes as Ewan says with the badge I'm afraid mate, its maybe not a fun job, but something to take pride in maybe, you dont get asked for no reason or did you backhand someone, lol

Dave I appreciate what you're trying to do for us, but you have to look at it from a standard members POV.

They list something for sale, they're thread is either closed or removed & told to use classifieds as its breaking the rules.

Now we see a moderator listing an item for sale, basically doing the same as a standard member, but its ok for them.

I'm not trying to cause friction, but you're a sensible chap Dave, you have to admit, its a tad off overall, it would appear to be double standards mate.

Not yet it isn't. Unless it's some small item of similar value - £10.

But I'm working on getting it accepted for small items up to a similar value. But the classifieds will always be the place for more expensive items.

I will keep you all posted on the discussions with the other Moderators.

You could of course regard it as a small perk for the Moderators for the amount of our time we spend working for the forum, but I doubt that you will look at that way!! Perhaps next time, though I doubt that there will ever be a next time, perhaps I'll just give away to the first person who send me a PM.

I think that maybe the classifieds needs to be changed tbh Dave, then this issue wouldnt happen mostly as its not the 1st time huh.

There should be a fee structure, that, no fee equals just in the classifieds, small fee paid & it shows as an ad in the relevant section which you can choose, if multiple sections then multiple small fees, so this helps the site revenue for server etc costs, plus it gets more attention overall.

One idea anyway.

Another is a user has a seller page, like the Garage page, maybe attach a small fee to this feature.

There's number of ideas/ways to make this better for not just members, but just if the hierarchy want to explore this.

I have to say i'm a bit dissapointed Dave, you moved a very popular thread earlier on today becuase it was deemed to be non-A3 specific (it started out as such but moved to be off-topic).

Now you upset quite a few members of the community by doing that, but I think we all accepted that rules are rules and should be obeyed in a fair manner and Moderators are doing a job.

I now find it a bit hypocritical to see a Mod (the same one) flaunting the rules the very same day. We put our trust in you to moderate ASN in a fair and just manner and set examples for the rest of us. I think you used the phrase earlier in response to Iggu "if you don't like the way ASN is run then may I suggest you go elsewhere...."

Tut tut, shame on you. Perhaps a more public apology wouldn't go amiss to make amends and restore the communities trust in our Moderator team.

A small set forward in relation to selling model specific items with each model thread...

Your still have to put your item in the Classified Ads section but you can also provide a link to that Ad in the "Post your ebay finds and link to your classifieds" sticky at the top of the 8P forum.

Personally I am still working on convincing the Admin and other Moderators that we need a sub-section in each model thread for selling model specific items.

My selling a small model specific item directly in the model thread has produced the discussions I hoped it might!!!! Watch this space for further developments.

Seems to be a way forward, chassis specific parts listed in that chassis area, could even generate some revenue for the site huh IF implemented correctly.