A3 bumper confused

SimonAshley

Reaction score
I know there are different bumpers for the A3 such as dual grill then single grill (s-line and s3) but does anyone have any idea what this bumper is?
075100100_1232444994.jpg

looks to be the same dimension along the top as the dual grill model
media3-1.jpg

Can anyone help?

Also the A4 has wide top end grill will this be a direct swap for dual grill model as in not changing bonnet?

Looks like the one on my 2009 model. It's the latest facelight version introduced for the 2009 model year - cars produced after July 2008.

Thats the 08 facelift, it wont fit unless you buy all the matching parts, bumper, grille, lights, wings, bonnet, front panel etc.

If your looking at fitting a new model front you will need a bumper/bonnet from any 05-08 car.

A4 grille goes nowhere near, its wider at the top.

Cheers for your help
I'll just have to save up if im going to upgrade the front end. Anyone know roughly how much it costs for parts and painting? :think:

Yeah I think it was about 2500 for the parts, you will also need the mirrors because the new wings dont have the side repeater holes, also the engine under tray, its a nightmare! Factor another 1K for fitting and painting

..........thats why you will be the first!

Last edited:
If you want to got pre 2009 with s-line or s3 it would considerably cheaper than 1500 as you are not looking at wings lights etc only bumper bonnet grill and fogs and a bit of trimming the re-inforcement bar if you go S3

Keep your twin grill ! Looks miles better. The big "old mans beard" new style grill looks OK on A4/A6 estates but its hardly what you want on a sporty hatch...

Well it will be a while befor i do anything to the front end so plenty of time to think about it.
Do love the S3 front end though, just looks so mean and angry