How Long Before I Hear Something?

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
I placed an order for a new S3 on the 1st Sept with an etimated delivery date of Nov 25th, when should I expect to hear something about my car i.e. registration details, delivery etc?
When I bought my Focus ST I received a text some time before delivery with my reg details (can't remember how long before though) and then obviously a call regarding delivery date.
As it's my first Audi I am unsure what to expect with dealer updates etc
Thanks for an help

I spoke to the dealer about 2 weeks ago and all he said was that the system is showing end of November / beginning of December which sounds a bit vague to me. Surely the system should update with each stage of the build (Ford's system is called Vista and it shows each stage as it progresses) which makes me wonder, at which point should I expect to receive some information?

The dealers system should show him a Build week. The car usually arrives in the UK 2-3 weeks after the end of the build week. The Audi system used by dealers is directly linked to and updated by Audi AG in Germany.

Ring them and ask if they can tell you the Build week.

I will wait a bit longer and then give them a ring, I don't want to keep ringing as I do not want to look pushy (or like a child waiting for a cool crimbo present :))

There is not a hope in hell. Sorry but I think it will be 2010 by the time you get your car.

David

Why? Looking through this forum it would seem that Audi are pretty much on the money for the 3 month wait time

Well put it this way..i ordered my s3 7th september and I have got my build week which is 16th november and and the car is arriving first or second week of december. And this is all from the dealer so you should of heard something by now! 2010 could be a possibility for you as you havent heard anything yet however why not give them a call. Pushy? c'mon its not like your not spending alot of money!

Well I ordered my replacement end of July and the order was placed around Aug / Sept. Schedueled delivery was end of NOV but because of delays / shipping delays it is now only being build beginning of DEC.

It had better not be too long a delay because part of the reason why I chose the S3 over the new Focus RS was because of the long wait time that I would have for the RS!

Plus the shoddy interior mate ;)