New A3 Climate unit removal

TimTFSI

Reaction score
Hi guys, just took delivery of my new A3, which is great. I want to fit a dashmount bracket but I need to remove the climate unit. The car has the symphony stereo btw. The question is, how do i remove the climate unit? I have tried but I dont want to break anything.

If it is the same as all the other Audis then you need to slide the Symphony out and then you will see two clips you push down on the top of the air con unit that let it slide out.

Yeah, you just take out the radio, and the climate panel just levers out. Pull the top part of it towards you.
The tricky bit is getting your car kit cable out from the control box (which i put behind the climate panel) to your cradle, so the climate can go back easily.

Ok guys, thanks. My next question is how do I remove the Symphony unit? Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I presume you would need radio removal keys which I assume you could get from Halfords etc., or probably even from eBay.

Xophe - I am planning on fitting a car kit to my new A3 and it would be really helpful if you could eleborate on how you got the cable to the cradle out from behind the dash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, if you have time, would be interested on hearing whether you plumbed the car kit into the speakers and used radio mute etc.

Best wishes,

Toby.

Halfords do them at £3.99 a pair, called Euro key or similar.

You don't need to take the stereo out mine just slides out with a little bit of outward pressure.

Hi Toby,
I put the Nokia car kit in. It's easier if i take a picture of how it is installed.......
IMG_0532.JPG

There is a pin-out diagram on the radio that tells you where to plug in the radio mute connection. I'm sorry but i can't remember which connector it is without looking.
The easiest way i found to get the radio out, was to cut a credit card into two strips so they fitted in the holes in the radio, the push the left one to the left, and the right one to the right, so it moves the locking clip. There may be an easier way, but that's what i did.
I hope this helps.

Even though it's a Concert it is still very useful information. Thanks for taking the time to take a picture and post it up here - I'm sure it will help others as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did you actually put the sound through the car speakers as well?

Best,

Toby.

Got a whole pile of pictures on how to remove the SynII unit. Email me and I'll be happy to send them to you.

I have managed to get the Symphony out and install my bracket, all relatively easily. It looks good too. Now I can get on and enjoy cruising in this beast! Cheers guys.

Thanks for the reply Xophe - when I eventually do mine I'll report back. MrLapou - would be interested in your pics - I PM'd you about it.

Toby.