Wtd: Rolling Road Print outs - S3

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys,

Had my car RR'd at the weekend and there is a healthy debate going on on one of our local websites.

Can other S3 owners please provide me with links to their RR print outs - in particular:

Standard RR print
Revo Stage 1 print
Revo Stage 1 with milltek

Then those with DP, CAI, Stage 2 etc...

Thanks

Here you go mate: Stage 2+ first then the rest underneath

lastscan-1.jpg

And Standard, Stage 1 and 2 here ....

lastscan.jpg

lastscan2.jpg

Hmmm, interforum debate.... what's the argument?

Rolling road = argument. I'm sure if you look up "argument" in the Oxford English Dictionary it just says "dyno readout". :)

Rolling road = argument. I'm sure if you look up "argument" in the Oxford English Dictionary it just says "dyno readout". :)

How very true.... still loving the fact my car was matching the Stage 2+ cars on the day mine was done... and given they had all seen results nerarer 360bhp I'm saying I have a 350bhp car... because the other Rolling Roads my car didn't go on said so ;)

Last edited:

:lmfao:

If this pans out how I imagine it might, perhaps the stock 265 bhp and Revo RR figures 'discussion' can be put to rest...until the next RR anyhow.

Jamie, thats my good friend Steven who posted on vagoc - we both went to a RR day on the same day and both our cars were reading 30bhp over

I got 337bhp with stage 1 and he got 297bhp with a standard car lol

Thanks guys

How very true.... still loving the fact my car was matching the Stage 2+ cars on the day mine was done... and given they had all seen results nerarer 360bhp I'm saying I have a 350bhp car... because the other Rolling Roads my car didn't go on said so ;)

Ha ha. I know mate. You see my graph below says 349bhp but it was done on a Tuesday rather than a weekend. Had it been dynod on a weekend it would have made 395bhp. So clearly my true readout is 414bhp.

You get better results on the RR lottery than the National lottery.

1st run = Standard
2nd run REVO stage 1
3rd run REVO stage 1 with adaption
4th run REVO Stage 1 with more adaption

amdessex_revo_stage_1.jpg

Last edited:
So why do people continue to quote these figures if everyone excepts they are a bit of a joke ?

So why do people continue to quote these figures if everyone excepts they are a bit of a joke ?

Just answering th OP's question:
Had my car RR'd at the weekend and there is a healthy debate going on on one of our local websites.

Can other S3 owners please provide me with links to their RR print outs - in particular:

Quoting the figures is all part of the fun. Part of the joke. And you only quote them if they come out high. If they come out low you pretend you weren't there ;)

Quoting the figures is all part of the fun. Part of the joke. And you only quote them if they come out high. If they come out low you pretend you weren't there ;)

Amen to that... :lmfao:

Out of interest the old addage of a car losing a certain amount of BHP every year of its life, does this increase with mods or do the mods surpress this loss in bhp? Would be interesting to see a car that is stock after say a year or two and same for a vehicle that has had mods and which has lost the most bhp??? Little off topic sorry.....

No such thing as free HP in engine tuning. Audi set the boost low for engine life and turning it up can only shorten engine life but that will not bother most owners who will have sold it on by then." Does it suppress this loss ??" no it will accelerate it. the problem is that once there is a little wear then the extra loading will work on that wear and speed it up.

if you go on the Awesome website,under rolling road,r32 owners club may 2009, there is a graph and vid of my s3.

Hope that helps.