A3 Easy entry

Fast As

Reaction score
Right got a problem with my passenger seat,i've got a 3dr A3,and the seat dont seem to want to go forward to allow passengers in the back,drivers seat works fine,but the passenger wont slide forward,the seat folds forward butafter that it seems stuck,any help would be greatly appricated.....

Surely someone can help me out????......

Checked the seat runners for obstructions?
Can you slide the chair backwards/forwards when pulling up the adjustment level under seat?

I had this issue on my 3 door S3, it was a simple fix and done under warranty, a small spring had snapped under the seat, no more detail than that I'm afraid but they were aware of the issue.

There is a kind of stopper that self adjusts when the seat is moved back & forth, its fitted into the rails so check if this has got stuck, it is like a rocker switch & silver looking.

It looks like the rocker switch maybe jammed further along the runner,nightmare..........compared it with drivers side and that rocker is right at the back of the runner.

if it helps mine were pretty stiff out the factory but they soon loosened up. My passenger one will not return to where it was though and will simply slide all the way back if I keep pushing.

Remember to hold the lever up when pushing forward. Also when putting back make sure you push the seat back on the rails while holding lever up before returning the back to it's normal position.

My passenger seat did exactly this.

The seat wouldnt slide when tilted using the tilt handle,
but would slide when the slide handle at the front of the seat was used, therefore eliminating runner problems.

The end of the release cable had come unclipped from the base of the seat.

If you were to look at the rear of the seat you will see at the bottom left hand corner a material section that can be untucked and moved out the way to reveal where the release cables meet the base of the seat.

Just by looking and playing with the release handle it was obvious which cable wasnt working. All i had to do was push the end of the cable back into its holder/clip and it fixed the problem! been no problem ever since!

I have been trying to fix this problem today on my car - basically weni press the spring clip/bar manually it wil slide back, however it wont when i use the handle. So somewhere between the top handle and the bottom of the cable something is wrong.
I want to remove the back vcover of the chair but scared the airbags will go off!
HELP!!!