Gloss Black or Chrome Audi Ring

• Gloss Black

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Chrome

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

Ash B

Reaction score
Ok i'm not sure what i prefer Chrome rings or Gloss Black. So i sprayed one of my spare Audi Rings Gloss Black yesterday and fitted it today while i was down my dads.

I like the Gloss Black Rings because it makes the front end look alot more aggressive and stealthly (Is that even a word!). But then i think it looks abit too dark.
Chrome looks good & compliment the front end & stand out more. Also with the chrome rings it goes well with the lower grey splitter.

I'm still not sure, what you guys think? Could you please vote and if you dont mind making a comment on why you think ones better than the other.
All comments welcome....

Thanks
Ashley

Gloss Black
DSC01583.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

Chrome
DSC01544.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

I think chrome looks better, black would look better if the lower splitter was black aswell.
I agree definately looks more aggressive though.
Nice car

Deffinetly black as ive just ordered one the other day, well matte black/grey.

Get some lamin X on now ont hose lights and that would look the damn shizzle

I think black mate, keep it lookin steath!

P.s - keepin the mrs in the car while you take photo's ftw lol

You can have too much black! It starts to look like a cheap respray job where they didn't bother to mask or take things off.

Ok i'm not sure what i prefer Chrome rings or Gloss Black. So i sprayed one of my spare Audi Rings Gloss Black yesterday and fitted it today while i was down my dads.

I like the Gloss Black Rings because it makes the front end look alot more aggressive and stealthly (Is that even a word!). But then i think it looks abit too dark.
Chrome looks good & compliment the front end & stand out more. Also with the chrome rings it goes well with the lower grey splitter.

I'm still not sure, what you guys think? Could you please vote and if you dont mind making a comment on why you think ones better than the other.
All comments welcome....

Thanks
Ashley

Gloss Black
DSC01583.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

Chrome
DSC01544.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

For me it has to be the Chrome as it fits with the Alloys and looks better aesthetically, however if you dipcoated the wheels gloss black or graphite grey I would say the black. Just my opinion.... Looking nice though.

For me it has to be the Chrome as it fits with the Alloys and looks better aesthetically, however if you dipcoated the wheels gloss black or graphite grey I would say the black. Just my opinion.... Looking nice though.

TAC thanks for the comment. You have read my mind, in january i will be putting some 18' BBS VZ in Antracite or Graphite grey. I suppose i can always just show each time i get bored and change alloys lol.

You can have too much black! It starts to look like a cheap respray job where they didn't bother to mask or take things off.

I think black mate, keep it lookin steath!

P.s - keepin the mrs in the car while you take photo's ftw lol

Lol well spotted Tom! What does FTW?:blush: Thanks for the comments.
After looking at some photos i'm starting to like the gloss black.

I think chrome looks better, black would look better if the lower splitter was black aswell.
I agree definately looks more aggressive though.
Nice car

Thanks for the comment Simon:icon_thumright: Lower splitter in black may have to get some one to photoshop that as it does look good on Ibis white and Phantom black S3 but Lava grey? Thanks again for the comments.

Black ftw :wub:

Thanks Nate:happy:

Deffinetly black as ive just ordered one the other day, well matte black/grey.

Get some lamin X on now ont hose lights and that would look the damn shizzle

Nice you will haveto upload a photo once you got it. Lamin-x has been ordered :) Thanks for the input Mick:thumbsup:

I agree with what you said about the black splitter on white cars but with the car bein dark anyway, i think it wouldnt look as good in black on your car, you wouldnt be able to see it..

ftw is for the win..lol

Mate, I voted Chrome but now I'm thinking black. Have you got any angled pics with Black? Might help me come to that executive decision. Car looks great either way.

KKP

stealth is all good ash but you need to keep style with it ...make your car look like death if you want but keep the rings chrome ....

I agree with what you said about the black splitter on white cars but with the car bein dark anyway, i think it wouldnt look as good in black on your car, you wouldnt be able to see it..

ftw is for the win..lol

Aww i understand lol. Yeah should wouldnt get out of the car saying its too cold. I think i'll leave the lower splitter as it is. I think black may be a bit too much and ruin the look.

Gloss Black Ash

Will look the dogs nuff said!

Thanks for the input Mike
:icon_thumright:
Mate, I voted Chrome but now I'm thinking black. Have you got any angled pics with Black? Might help me come to that executive decision. Car looks great either way.

KKP

I'll get some angled photos of the black one tonight just for you kkp :)
Thanks for the comment.

stealth is all good ash but you need to keep style with it ...make your car look like death if you want but keep the rings chrome ....

Blazin thanks for the comment. Lol i quite like the car looking like death as it looks quite aggressive but with the chrome it had some style.
Thanks for your input blazin:thumbsup:

what about if the rings were same colour as the splitter hmmmmmm.. would either look really stupid or really sexy :think:

Why doesn`t the bonnet and grill match properly?

like it, but feel its needing a break up colour to give some contrast against the overbearing black. The S3 has the silver mirrors to offer a colour accent.

Wonder what Lamin-X would look like on the lights, with some PIAA ultra white bulbs!!

Definitely heading very much in the right direction.

Wonder if some company will develop an insert for the top of the facelift grill to prevent the need to change the bonnet...

I think i would try to set it off by spraying the the 4 ring's and mirror cover's the same colour as the lower spliter. After seeing this car at some of the meet's i can see this growing into an A3 which will stand out from the rest. i think to try and go down a different route is a good thing.

like it, but feel its needing a break up colour to give some contrast against the overbearing black. The S3 has the silver mirrors to offer a colour accent.

Wonder what Lamin-X would look like on the lights, with some PIAA ultra white bulbs!!

Definitely heading very much in the right direction.

Thanks for your input Warren:icon_thumright: Think your right regarding breaking up the colour to give some contrast. Lamin-X should of been here by now:uhm:
will have to contact them to see what happening. PIAA Ultra White bulbs would be good this weekend i think. Thanks

I think i would try to set it off by spraying the the 4 ring's and mirror cover's the same colour as the lower spliter. After seeing this car at some of the meet's i can see this growing into an A3 which will stand out from the rest. i think to try and go down a different route is a good thing.

Colin thanks for the comments. Think your right regarding trying a different route. Not sure what i'd go for but will have to wait and see.
Thanks again for the comment:icon_thumright:

:iagree:Yep... satin silver/graphite would be very nice!!

not to change the thread but is it legal for you to have a front plate with black backround and white letters?