A3 3.2 supercharged?

StephaneS

Reaction score
VF engineering in the US (yes eventhough they dont hav the new A3 yet) are testing a supercharger on the V6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
They have the car for 3 months only but they already developped stage 2 on the golf R32 which gave them around 65bhp increase! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
Just as a comparison here are the dynos (at the wheels) of the R32 stock and modified
Dyno of standard A3 V6 in next post

So why wait for the new S3 or RS3 get it supercharged and some nice exhaust

Im waiting for someone to do the HGP-Turbo.de bi-turbo conversion for the R32 on an A3 3.2! Now THAT would be interesting! How much is the VF? bet its probably not really worth it. Thing is with superchargers, theres little you can do once fitted to get power increases.

Rich

Yes you can always get more
but I am sure that 300 bhp should be enough for most of us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
For the price well their website says $5200 ($4500 for US) for stage 1 that take them to 320hp
I think that just installing a supercharger and its software and getting close to this number, that would do me nicely

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
Yes you can always get more
but I am sure that 300 bhp should be enough for most of us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
For the price well their website says $5200 ($4500 for US) for stage 1 that take them to 320hp
I think that just installing a supercharger and its software and getting close to this number, that would do me nicely

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh thats not too bad really... Exchange rate at the moment is pretty good for us to buy stuff too. You going to do it then?

Rich

Nah
selling it in 2 to 3 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Would have been available when I got it 6 months ago then maybe but the only pb would have been to convinve the wife... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
Nah
selling it in 2 to 3 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Would have been available when I got it 6 months ago then maybe but the only pb would have been to convinve the wife... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How come your selling!?

Going back to homeland France and steering wheels are on the wrong side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I have plenty of car projects as I hope I'll get more free time