Bluefin superchips on S3

style30

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Had the S3 for 10 months however the turbo lag is irritatingg to the point I want rid of it, recently had a go of a TT225 and is not nearly as prominent,
Anyways can anyone reccomnend superchips stage 1 or the bluefin as a solution? I hope so..

thanks .........

Eerrm not sure...its a current 07 model manual box .. 2.0 turbo

I see, that's 8P yes. Turbo lag? Are you sure!?

Yes sure.. its just been serviced and no abnormal reports...

Can you explain what you mean by turbo lag? The S3 doesn't have a very laggy engine!

ok.. below 2500 rpm nothing... then woosh even tho my foot has not pushed it any further down any I simply want more poke at lower revs like the gold GTi 197 etc ... wondering if the superchips sorts that out????

I also came from a golf gti to an S3 and was feeling the lag (I think we're talking about the same thing re: spool up time). I'm sure after reading the reports on here that a re-chip will help, however if I understand it correctly the S3 possesses a larger turbo in order to provide the additional top end uuuummph. So I think it comes with the territory i.e. Big turbo = big power & bigger lag, Small turbo = less power & less lag. Options to mitigate the use of a larger turbo would be a dump valve (allows the turbo to 'free wheel' for longer by removing load from the compressor), or if you're the fortunate owner of a world rally car, an anti-lag system which injects fuel into the turbine side if the turbo, keeping it spinning when the throttle is closed.

mmmm ok.. I understand now its spool up time not lag which is none exisitant realy on boost..
I fancy the chip however If its arrives wigger bang but longer spool up time Ill be even more irritated...
I was hoping somone on heres had it and can exsplaine how it is after stage 1 .. ta anyway

I was hoping somone on heres had it and can exsplaine how it is after stage 1 .. ta anyway

Go for a demo of stage 1 Revo, Giac etc. I am sure this is the best way to see for yourself.

The spool up time is reduced mate so you'd like it 100%!

i'm personally looking into a bluefin also...if you didn't know already Superchips offer a 7 day no quibble gaurantee so if it doesn't fix what you want it to then you can return it for a full refund...