BBS replica wheels as seen on ebay

jsws3

Reaction score
BBS replica alloy wheels, are they any good ????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
The one's on ebay may be ok depending on where ther made, If made in italy they will more than likely be good quality, if made in china dont bother.
Thats what i've been told by a bloke who sells real good bbs reps, i'm gonna be getting some LM's from him in a few weeks.

He sells all replica wheels, went over to there showroom last week and they sell good stuff, check them out............
http://www.stsmotorsport.co.uk/alloys.asp

I know what you saying Nathan but massive difference on price, I do get tempted by reps but deep down I guess I'm just a badge snob so I guess I will just have to be patient :)

I know a guy who has had CSL reps on his E46 M3 for a couple of years and reckons they are spot on.

I would certainly consider reps if they are they are sufficiently cheaper than originals.

In fact are CH/CKs reps available? anyopne have experience with them?

cheers
Paul

No dont buy the reps off ebay, the quailty is sh*t. Friend bought some for his golf they were £750. Within a few days the red lip faded, centre cap fell off and wont fit the hub correctly. And there quite weak.
I told him to get genuine VZ off Phill. As there the same price and genuine! I'm not sure on other BBS reps but the ones on ebay stay clear of them mate.

06082009278.jpg

06082009277.jpg

06082009275.jpg

Last edited:
Ditto Italian reps, had some of these in RS4 format in the past with zero issues, I guess you just need to shop around and buy off a reputable company who will take them back if you have any issues. There is a big price difference though so it is tempting, I love BBS but for 19" with premium tyres we are talking £2,000 and LM's forget it more like £3.5.

Reps approx £1,050 all in , food for thought...

Ditto Italian reps, had some of these in RS4 format in the past with zero issues, I guess you just need to shop around and buy off a reputable company who will take them back if you have any issues. There is a big price difference though so it is tempting, I love BBS but for 19" with premium tyres we are talking £2,000 and LM's forget it more like £3.5.

Reps approx £1,050 all in , food for thought...

Why not get some 18" they still good look. And Lima car with the 18" CK look lovely! Plus there cheaper :)

Worth considering, all dreams at the minute anyway as I need to start being sensible, a few expenses expected next year with number 2 on the way :)

Worth considering, all dreams at the minute anyway as I need to start being sensible, a few expenses expected next year with number 2 on the way :)

Right number 2 being a child, if so congratz mate. Or being another car if so congratz again lol!:thumbsup:

Where is the best place to get a set of good BBS replica wheels made in italy form boys ??????

Where is the best place to get a set of good BBS replica wheels made in italy form boys ??????

Just speak to the sellers, unfortunately these replicas, be they chinese or italian both say "Made in Germany" on them :)

To be honest its better to call these wheels "fake" rather than replica because no other replicas copy the originals exactly. The BBS fakes have BBS, the sizing and all the logos cast into them. To the untrained eye they look more than genuine!

I expected Phil to suggest that with another child on the way I will need genuine BBS to offset the weight gain in the car :)

If you are in the market for a set of genuine BBS - PW Motorsport is the number one choice IMO, top service which is key when spending your hard earned.

I've been quoted just over 1k for LM reps, 18x8.5 with 225/35/18 falkon tyres, Went and saw the bloke last week and the wheels are beautiful and he seems ok too, I'll be asking for some sort of garentee as thats quite alot of money for me to pay out in one hit

Genuine BBS's would be mega money and as there the one's i want, thats my only option

I've been quoted just over 1k for LM reps, 18x8.5 with 225/35/18 falkon tyres, Went and saw the bloke last week and the wheels are beautiful and he seems ok too, I'll be asking for some sort of garentee as thats quite alot of money for me to pay out in one hit

Genuine BBS's would be mega money and as there the one's i want, thats my only option

That is a lot for reps?

It is quite expensive when you can get Falken 452 from camskill for approx £60 per corner, your wheels are in effect costing you £760 that is a lot for a rep, £100 per corner is more like it for the LM's.

Genuine BBS wheels from Phil = win

Agree with Nate. If you dont have the money for CK or CH get VZ from Phil there at a real good price....I really want a set but need the cambelt changed first!:keule:. And at least you know if you have any problems he will sort it out. Few people on the forum bought stuff of Phill at PW Motorsport and had nothing but good things to say.

I'd stay away from ebay wannabes. I'll try get some photos of my friends alloys 3 months later to show you the state there in. There might be good some reps/fakes/wannabe BBS alloys out there, but the ones on ebay are really poor quailty and a waste of money. Friend tried sending them back but the customer service was sh*t and seemed like they didnt care.

Good input ash with ACTUAL experience, Phil as well as Damian from DPM have outstanding customer service and I have dealt with both. Ash, I got Matt to buy that cluster off you in the end didn't I :happy:

wow thats expensive,i got a set of lm reps exactly the same size for £490 w/o tyres,i fitted them to my girlfriends 4 motion she had,they looked great for a few months,then the laquer starts lifting and they start to look crap.
I would defo not spend what your quoteing on replica's,if your are patient you would find some genuine bbs's for that money 2nd hand.
I would not buy reps again,i only did it because it was her run about.

I have just got a nice set of 9.5 x19 bmw fitment ch's with the curved face for less than your talking although i'm having to spend a fortune on H&R hub adapters

Good input ash with ACTUAL experience, Phil as well as Damian from DPM have outstanding customer service and I have dealt with both. Ash, I got Matt to buy that cluster off you in the end didn't I :happy:

Haha thanks Nate. Yeah Damian another good one to buy stuff off.
Yeah i know he bought them tuesday and i posted them yesterday:happy: Quite looking forward to seeing them connected to his car.
Nice one for that aswell, appreciate it:friends:

i got some bbs ch reps from ebay et 45 and they did nt clear the calipers on my s3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!