Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

BBS replica wheels as seen on ebay

BBS replica alloy wheels, are they any good ????????????
    Last edited by h5djr; 4th November 2009 at 20:30. Reason: Poor English!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

Status
    The one's on ebay may be ok depending on where ther made, If made in italy they will more than likely be good quality, if made in china dont bother.
    Thats what i've been told by a bloke who sells real good bbs reps, i'm gonna be getting some LM's from him in a few weeks.

He sells all replica wheels, went over to there showroom last week and they sell good stuff, check them out............
    http://www.stsmotorsport.co.uk/alloys.asp
    White B5 1.8 turbo sport

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Just buy genuine's from PW Motorsport, he's a site sponsor on here.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    I know what you saying Nathan but massive difference on price, I do get tempted by reps but deep down I guess I'm just a badge snob so I guess I will just have to be patient
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

S3 (8P)

Status
    I know a guy who has had CSL reps on his E46 M3 for a couple of years and reckons they are spot on.

I would certainly consider reps if they are they are sufficiently cheaper than originals.

In fact are CH/CKs reps available? anyopne have experience with them?

cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Italian reps are the best. But buy genuines made from Germany, they're even better

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    No dont buy the reps off ebay, the quailty is sh*t. Friend bought some for his golf they were 750. Within a few days the red lip faded, centre cap fell off and wont fit the hub correctly. And there quite weak.
    I told him to get genuine VZ off Phill. As there the same price and genuine! I'm not sure on other BBS reps but the ones on ebay stay clear of them mate.

Last edited by Ash B; 4th November 2009 at 21:30.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

6th Gear

Status
    Ditto Italian reps, had some of these in RS4 format in the past with zero issues, I guess you just need to shop around and buy off a reputable company who will take them back if you have any issues. There is a big price difference though so it is tempting, I love BBS but for 19" with premium tyres we are talking 2,000 and LM's forget it more like 3.5.

Reps approx 1,050 all in , food for thought...
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    Ditto Italian reps, had some of these in RS4 format in the past with zero issues, I guess you just need to shop around and buy off a reputable company who will take them back if you have any issues. There is a big price difference though so it is tempting, I love BBS but for 19" with premium tyres we are talking 2,000 and LM's forget it more like 3.5.

Reps approx 1,050 all in , food for thought...

Why not get some 18" they still good look. And Lima car with the 18" CK look lovely! Plus there cheaper

6th Gear

Status
    Worth considering, all dreams at the minute anyway as I need to start being sensible, a few expenses expected next year with number 2 on the way

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    Worth considering, all dreams at the minute anyway as I need to start being sensible, a few expenses expected next year with number 2 on the way

Right number 2 being a child, if so congratz mate. Or being another car if so congratz again lol!

2nd Gear

Status
    Where is the best place to get a set of good BBS replica wheels made in italy form boys ??????

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsws3 View Post
    Where is the best place to get a set of good BBS replica wheels made in italy form boys ??????
    Just speak to the sellers, unfortunately these replicas, be they chinese or italian both say "Made in Germany" on them

To be honest its better to call these wheels "fake" rather than replica because no other replicas copy the originals exactly. The BBS fakes have BBS, the sizing and all the logos cast into them. To the untrained eye they look more than genuine!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

2nd Gear

Status
    An example or reps being sold as the real deal.
    A quick check of the sellers feedback suggest he caught one already.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MEWAX:VRI

6th Gear

Status
    I expected Phil to suggest that with another child on the way I will need genuine BBS to offset the weight gain in the car

If you are in the market for a set of genuine BBS - PW Motorsport is the number one choice IMO, top service which is key when spending your hard earned.

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

Status
    I've been quoted just over 1k for LM reps, 18x8.5 with 225/35/18 falkon tyres, Went and saw the bloke last week and the wheels are beautiful and he seems ok too, I'll be asking for some sort of garentee as thats quite alot of money for me to pay out in one hit

Genuine BBS's would be mega money and as there the one's i want, thats my only option
    White B5 1.8 turbo sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd 1.8 turbo View Post
    I've been quoted just over 1k for LM reps, 18x8.5 with 225/35/18 falkon tyres, Went and saw the bloke last week and the wheels are beautiful and he seems ok too, I'll be asking for some sort of garentee as thats quite alot of money for me to pay out in one hit

Genuine BBS's would be mega money and as there the one's i want, thats my only option

That is a lot for reps?

6th Gear

Status
    It is quite expensive when you can get Falken 452 from camskill for approx 60 per corner, your wheels are in effect costing you 760 that is a lot for a rep, 100 per corner is more like it for the LM's.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Genuine BBS wheels from Phil = win

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Genuine BBS wheels from Phil = win
    Agree with Nate. If you dont have the money for CK or CH get VZ from Phil there at a real good price....I really want a set but need the cambelt changed first!. And at least you know if you have any problems he will sort it out. Few people on the forum bought stuff of Phill at PW Motorsport and had nothing but good things to say.

I'd stay away from ebay wannabes. I'll try get some photos of my friends alloys 3 months later to show you the state there in. There might be good some reps/fakes/wannabe BBS alloys out there, but the ones on ebay are really poor quailty and a waste of money. Friend tried sending them back but the customer service was sh*t and seemed like they didnt care.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Good input ash with ACTUAL experience, Phil as well as Damian from DPM have outstanding customer service and I have dealt with both. Ash, I got Matt to buy that cluster off you in the end didn't I

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd 1.8 turbo View Post

wow thats expensive,i got a set of lm reps exactly the same size for 490 w/o tyres,i fitted them to my girlfriends 4 motion she had,they looked great for a few months,then the laquer starts lifting and they start to look crap.
    I would defo not spend what your quoteing on replica's,if your are patient you would find some genuine bbs's for that money 2nd hand.
    I would not buy reps again,i only did it because it was her run about.

I have just got a nice set of 9.5 x19 bmw fitment ch's with the curved face for less than your talking although i'm having to spend a fortune on H&R hub adapters
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Good input ash with ACTUAL experience, Phil as well as Damian from DPM have outstanding customer service and I have dealt with both. Ash, I got Matt to buy that cluster off you in the end didn't I

Haha thanks Nate. Yeah Damian another good one to buy stuff off.
    Yeah i know he bought them tuesday and i posted them yesterday Quite looking forward to seeing them connected to his car.
    Nice one for that aswell, appreciate it

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

And you call me a wheel whore Jules.....no probs ash

1st Gear

Status
    i got some bbs ch reps from ebay et 45 and they did nt clear the calipers on my s3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Oh dear.

Never satisfied

Status
    Just buy these mate , Fricking bargain , wheels & tyres

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_637wt_1167
    Genuine is , is what genuine does !
    Last edited by crypric23; 5th November 2009 at 23:28.