S3 colours

smudge_don

Reaction score
I saw a GORGEOUS S3 in purple at my local Audi dealer the other day, was absolutely stunning.

And it got me thinking about the colours of S3's that i have seen.

Obviously blue and black and white are very popular, but has anyone ever seen a red S3? :uhm:

I'm pretty sure i haven't, can anyone prove me wrong?

yeah ive seen new shape one !! The old shape in red are rare but i think there's a reason for that and its that they dont look very nice in my opinion ..

Ive seen the purple though and i like it !! Very nice i know its not to everyone's liking but i like it with the right styling and wheel's it could be awesome
I like this purple although i think the s3 is a little lighter ?? The one ive seen on the road is anyhow..

velvet_purple_r8.jpg

In the FAQs there's a link to a thread about S3 colours mate.

yeah ive seen new shape one !! The old shape in red are rare but i think there's a reason for that and its that they dont look very nice in my opinion ..

Ive seen the purple though and i like it !! Very nice i know its not to everyone's liking but i like it with the right styling and wheel's it could be awesome
I like this purple although i think the s3 is a little lighter ?? The one ive seen on the road is anyhow..

velvet_purple_r8.jpg

Yeah that's the colour, i've seen that R8 in person as well :wub:

In the FAQs there's a link to a thread about S3 colours mate.

Oh, you always spoil my fun Staz :(

How about Google image results too: http://images.google.co.uk/images?s...=&q=red audi s3&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

:eyebrows:

I saw one in the flesh once and I wasn't too impressed. I think it was Brilliant Red.

I've got nothing against Red cars, it's just on the S3 it didn't have a wow factor.

Purple is for homos though IMHO.

I've never been a fan of red cars, but red with black wheels and other black components look very nice i think

Purple's my favourite colour :( Does that make me a back door bandit? :sex:

Seen a few 8P red ones down here but at Nurburg i saw an 8p Sportback in red with black wheels and it was lush.
That said i love red cars (though have never owned one)...
I agree with what someoine said about the 8L, there is a red one near where i live and it looks horrible, i would rather a yellow 8L than a red one.

Damn,I bought a red one,its ****** awful

woodpic.jpg

s3 is black for me , check this mock up of a sportback rs3 i done.

Flared arches
Bigger bumpers
bigger skirts
on the deck
longer lights
tints
r8 v10 alloys

now this in black i would i think " take someone's life for " joke..... lol

rs3sportback-1.jpg

I always believed that red was best left for ferraris :) But I saw a red S3 SB with anthracite RS4 reps the other and it was VERY nice.

Red is also the slowest of the colours due to the drag from the extra paint thickness :sex:

Red also gets you more women though as it's been proven that girls want to have sex with people who have red cars

Well i have the pre facelift model in brilliant red and...er its not that brilliant, about a month after owning it i saw for the first time a white one and fell in love with it, the red is still nice but i agree with what everyone is saying it doesnt have the x factor on the S3 (although granted the facelift looks nice in red) , i suppose cos there is so many red a3 s-lines around that it kind of blends in with them, nothng against a a3 s-line mind

You have to keep the brilliant Red fairly clean and polished otherwise it can look a bit like a faded corsa :ohmy:

Yup.

100% bender.

Poop-chute pirate.

Botty-Bandit.

Chutney-Stuffer.

Butt-Burglar.

Better ship that thing to me forthwith mate, and reclaim your rightful **** allowance.

;)

Keef

The problem with the 8L was they went from lazer red (mine on a 1998 plate) to absolute red and it was kinda orangy looking colour :(. My red car never faded at all. The above red cars look great.

Hopefully you're not part of the SAS... as I've heard they like to go in through the back door.. :thumbsup:

Haha, no back door smashin at this side. Now I've got the car and then you tell me the colour is a bit off lol :banghead:

I like it non the less lol :happy:

Nice color there...i believe that you could paint your wheels black or dark grey.. :)

I've been thinkin about that, just saving up for some MTM alloys :wub:

Last edited: