Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Sourcing S-line Bumper Bits

Right then, I've finally got around to buying an s-line bumper to complement the Votex side skirts that are sitting in my garage.

I know I need the following:

Foglight grills (x2 @ 20.10 each)
    8P4 807 681F
    8P4 807 682F

Foglight Plugs (x2 @ 5.90 each)
    3D0 941 165A

Foglight Repair wires (x2 @ ?? each)
    000 979 244

Foglights (n/s & o/s @ 55.00 each)
    8E0 941 699C
    8E0 941 700C

For an easy life i intend to order these from Audi Parts but was wondering if anybody have used other suppliers? It's mainly for
    the foglights tbh due to the high price. I've checked eBay but can't find anything listed.

I'm sure i read in another post (can't find it again) that somebody picked up some A4 B7 s-line fogs from ebay because they are
    the same for both s-line level cars... Is this the case?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Do you know anybody in the trade? then you will get discount on all the parts roughly 6-10%

other then dealer i can only think of ebay..

TAC
    3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

Status
    Just found this on ebay you might have already seen it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-Fog-li...item3a54663a23 front s-line fog lights

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the suggestion johal, don't know anybody for a discount and as you say i guess it's just waiting for ebay or biting the bullet for the dealer prices.

TAC: good spot (no pun intended). I saw them earlier today...they are listed as '09, which means nothing given most sellers knowledge on eBay. What put me off was the product code being different:

He says.. 8T0 941 700 Right Hand
    8T0 941 699 Left Hand

I'm after.. 8E0 941 699C & 8E0 941 700C

Unless somebody knows they will still fit?!?! Calling workshop manual people!

1st Gear

Status
    if your local to west mids/birmingham, i could probably ring dealers and have them put through as a trade order and you could just go down and pay, im not 100% if this will work, you will have to check that your self, but i have got full trade status through my uncles garage.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johal87 View Post
    if your local to west mids/birmingham, i could probably ring dealers and have them put through as a trade order and you could just go down and pay, im not 100% if this will work, you will have to check that your self, but i have got full trade status through my uncles garage.

Mate thanks very much for the offer but i'm up in the North East. Appreciate that tho!

1st Gear

Status
    Update:-

Just phoned my local stealer to order the fog light grills but no joy!!
    When i tried to give the guy the part number he demanded my number plate or chassis number claiming that these parts are colour coded!! eh!?!
    I told him the bumper wasn't from my car blah blah blah ....and he eventually but reluctantly took the part numbers
    .... he then said "ah, yeah as i thought... it's not coming up. you need a colour code at the end" Eh!? for black plastic!?

I explained they were BLACK plastic with a single fin through the centre. He then replied with "ah yes but it could be solid plastic or a grill or honeycomb!" -what a muppet!?!?!

Needless to say nothing ordered...

1st Gear

Status
    No worries mate

yeah audi can be stupid like that, go on eBay or autotrader pull up a randum car which has the bumper you want and give audi that reg, shouldn't be a problem then, and just be cheeky say another dealer offered me 5% off can you match it they probably will..

1st Gear

Status
    Just spoken to Tyneside Audi (originally it was Wearside Audi) and the guy said yeah thats great o/s & n/s foglight grills - A3 S-line!

Success!!

I'll get my wife to collect them... she normally smiles and gets a discount! lol

I'm still going to try and source the foglights elsewhere because they are actually 57 + vat each!