JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Is this a good price?

Im going ahead with the single grille conversion on my A3, and Iv sourced the bonnet, bumper fogs etc all second hand from breakers.

Now when it comes to paint, our Audi recommended bodyshop want 600 for spraying and blending. This seems steep to me as other quotes Iv got are 400-500, but I know the quality of materials and labour you get is probably alot better at an audi approved bodyshop.

Do you guys think its worth it as Iv suffered from dodgy paintwork done by backstreet bosyshops on my old cars and I dont want to make the same mistake again.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You get what you pay for as you said Danny

I've got a friend in Essex that does all my work, he is top notch and actually relatively cheap

Where abouts are you based? He is in Clacton in Essex so i can put you in touch if you want?

He did a complete custom respray on my Corsa for 3000, inside and out, engine bay and everything
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Well if your car is under the 12 yr corrosion warranty it may be worth the extra to ensure that the paint work is of the correct standard to still be covered under warranty. At the same time get it in writing maybe,as some members have had warranty claims rejected due to insufficient paint jobs

Neutral

Status
    Im just over the water in dartford mate, so not too far.

I really dont mind paying the couple of hundred extra to avoid horror stories.

The bloke at the audi place said they put all the anti corrosion stuff on included and the paint is audi specified stuff, good to know as audi paint is rock hard.