JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    RGC
    I void warranties"!

Status

2.0 tdi diesel fuel filter change procedure

does any one know of the procedure to change the filter element on this fuel filter type (see photo below)

1998 AUDI A4 1.9TDI BLACK -LIMO-

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    Can't see the pic but basically, take the cap off the housing, remove old filter, replace with new, start up the engine, bingo!

Its easy.

6+1 Gears

Status
    Hi!
    First of all you need everything to be clean around. then you have to remove all 6 screws and lift the top. After that, use a hose or something to remove some of the fuel inside or it will spill over and make a mess around.
    Once you have the fuel out you need to pull hard on the filter to take it out. Put the new cartridge in place and be careful to fix it in the proper position. It has only one correct position. You will notice on top of the cartridge 4 holes which should match the 4 hoses you see in the picture above. you may need to push had on the cartridge to fix it in place. Put the seal rings you should have in the box with the cartridge on top to match the holes than you can put the cap back and screw it into place.

Be careful not to get dirt in the filter and to match the holes on top.
    That's about it!
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

1st Gear

Status
    Would anyone have a picture of the fuel filter as the one I have purchased doesn't look correct ?
    thanks

6+1 Gears

Status
    I had the same problem when I've changed mine. There were two filter types and had to buy both just to be sure that I have the right one. I talked to the sales man that I'll be back with the remaining filter and he agreed to return my money.
    One was a thin and long and the other one was shorter and... fatter.
    The first one was the good one.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Gonna get mine powdercoated black, they all go crusty!

RGC
    I void warranties"!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3-TDI View Post
    Would anyone have a picture of the fuel filter as the one I have purchased doesn't look correct ?
    thanks
    here you go m8 this is the one i used

C9766ECO

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    So what mileage have people changed there's at & any difference in running & no I dont mean power just sounding better or anything really to warrant changing now.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

RGC
    I void warranties"!

Status
    The only reason i changed mine was i ran the fuel tank just about bone dry and pulled all the ****e from the bottom of the tank.

Symptoms were loss of power at 4000 RPM.

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the picture, that is the same as the one I have bought so must be correct

6+1 Gears

Status
    Here is recommended to change all the filters at 15,000 km (~9300mi). Last time I've changed mine (diesel filter + oil filter + oil) at about 9,200 mi. The fuel filter was quite dirty. After that the engine seemed to run a lot smoother, but again, I've changed all filters...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RGC View Post
    The only reason i changed mine was i ran the fuel tank just about bone dry and pulled all the ****e from the bottom of the tank.

Symptoms were loss of power at 4000 RPM.
    Thats a good enough reason for me, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Here is recommended to change all the filters at 15,000 km (~9300mi). Last time I've changed mine (diesel filter + oil filter + oil) at about 9,200 mi. The fuel filter was quite dirty. After that the engine seemed to run a lot smoother, but again, I've changed all filters...
    You just sent some of my money again, lol, thats fine cause going to audi to pickup my R8 coolant cap so no sweat & easy job so why not huh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

RGC
    I void warranties"!

Status
    Here is the part number for the VAG filter 1K0 127 434 A - 1KO127434A