How do I remove the light switch and...

JeffY

Reaction score
Hi,

How do I remove the light switch?, it is currently loose on one side and I want to try to refit it. I'm scared to pull on it incase I break something.

On a similar note I need to remove the passenger side front Bose speaker grill, how is this done? Again scared to pull without knowing for sure...

Thanks,

Jeff

Need to take the door card of to remove the speaker grill mate, alum or piano black trim of as its only held in by some clips, be careful but it does pull of, then 2 screws behind there torx headed, 1 at bottom of door, get fingers round the edge & slowly wedge finger in between door card & the door frame, then pull slowly out towards you from each corner, careful now as it has plastic clips in place to hold it there, then you can get to the grill etc.

Removing
– Switch off ignition and take out ignition key.
– Turn light switch to position as in 12 oclock
– Press light switch inwards towards the front of the car and simultaneously turn it clockwise
– Hold switch in this position.
– At the same time, pull light switch out of switch housing towards you
– Unplug electrical connector.

Last edited:
I just popped the Bose grills off , did not need to remove the door cards , got under one corner with a plastic trim tool ( can use anything strong and plastic ) NOT METAL causes scratches. the grill is on about 6 clips once One was out i just gentle pulled and of it popped , same going back on , lined up clips and pushed back in to place.

i have done it on a 2005 a3 3 door , and 2008 sportback

Last edited:
The problem with that method is you run the risk of snapping the clips of, then it wont stay in place anyway or rattle, then you have to remove the doorcard anyway to repair it to stay fast, so for me I'd only advise the doorcard method, but of course its anyone's choice.

Nigel , you are dam right there , i guess i was lucky , better option is as you advise.
Listen to NHN , IGNORE my quick but possible dangerous way !