A3 59 plate Ipod query

Chris28

Reaction score
Hi All

I have an old 3rd Gen Ipod and I plugged it into the AIM today and it didn't work/recognise it. Went to get my mates 4th Gen Ipod and it worked, Audi logo appeard and played.

Now I don't have that many songs on there but would that affect it or is mine out of date?

Cheers

My old iPod nano 2G works in my 09 car so I would have thought yours should work. Have you tried re-booting your iPod, or maybe try creating some playlists, the Audi system in the A3 can cope with a max of 5.

Ron

I dont remember which version of the ipod I have but I try to keep mine upto the latest version. Try connect it to itunes and see if an update will cure the problem.

I checked this out when I specified AMI on my 2010 S3.

According to Audi its 4th Gen and above to get full functionality.

Audi Music Interface (AMI),​
for connecting generation 4 and higher Apple iPods (iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod photo, iPod video), and USB
storage media and MP3 players (USB 2.0 only); operated via Satellite Navigation system Plus or multi-function steering wheel. The AMI is
located in the glovebox compartment and includes connection cables. Can only be ordered in conjunction with Satellite Navigation system

Plus. Not available in conjunction with CD changer

Having same trouble with my iPod 3G (2003) - but with standard (not AMI) iPod adapter in my new A3 - have asked Audi UK to confirm either way as dealer is struggling to comment. I even swapped logic board in ipod just in case...