AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

A3 59 plate Ipod query

Hi All

I have an old 3rd Gen Ipod and I plugged it into the AIM today and it didn't work/recognise it. Went to get my mates 4th Gen Ipod and it worked, Audi logo appeard and played.

Now I don't have that many songs on there but would that affect it or is mine out of date?

Cheers
    New - Audi A3 13 plate, 2.0 TDI S-Line, Scuba Blue, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain package, Comfort package, Adaptive Headlights, Lane Assist, Bang & Olufsen Speakers, DAB, Folding mirrors, Int light package, Alcantara leather, S-Line suspension, Tech package, Variable headlight control, Phone box, Hold assist, Speed limit display

Old - Audi A3 2.0 TDI, S-Line. Aqua Blue, Bose, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Sat Nav Plus System.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    My old iPod nano 2G works in my 09 car so I would have thought yours should work. Have you tried re-booting your iPod, or maybe try creating some playlists, the Audi system in the A3 can cope with a max of 5.

Ron

Neutral

Status
    I dont remember which version of the ipod I have but I try to keep mine upto the latest version. Try connect it to itunes and see if an update will cure the problem.

1st Gear

Status
    I checked this out when I specified AMI on my 2010 S3.

According to Audi its 4th Gen and above to get full functionality.

Audi Music Interface (AMI),
    for connecting generation 4 and higher Apple iPods (iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod photo, iPod video), and USB
    storage media and MP3 players (USB 2.0 only); operated via Satellite Navigation system Plus or multi-function steering wheel. The AMI is
    located in the glovebox compartment and includes connection cables. Can only be ordered in conjunction with Satellite Navigation system

Plus. Not available in conjunction with CD changer
    Now

MY10 BMW 335d Touring (Sapphire Black)

MY10 S3 Sportback (Sprint Blue)

Previously
    06 BMW 330d M Sport Touring Le Mans Blue with Black leather, Phone Prep

2nd Gear

Status
    Having same trouble with my iPod 3G (2003) - but with standard (not AMI) iPod adapter in my new A3 - have asked Audi UK to confirm either way as dealer is struggling to comment. I even swapped logic board in ipod just in case...