Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: S3 bhp

2nd Gear

Status

S3 bhp

can any one help me as i want more power out my s3 2007 car and whats the best way about it . i allready have a revo remap ?????

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    There are bazillions of threads on here about tuning S3s mate. Exhaust, fuel pump, stage 2, stage 2+ CAIs.

Try the search and the FAQs thread.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Neutral

Status
    Have a look at my tread for revo stage2+ under the VW section

Status
    you'll find the increase in power will be fine as opposed to the hike with a remap

Quattro

Status
    simple next upgrade to my stage one map i went for was a full intake matey
    big increase but will use more fuel when u put the toe down, then i went for the milltek and stage 2, then found a fuel pump and went 2+ lol its addictive be careful :o

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

Boycie

Status
    You have remap so....

Full system exhaust from milltek, blueflame, scorpion or custom made
    Intake from ITG, EVOMS, DBILAS, FORGE or the likes
    Stage 2 map

That should be for the guts of 330/340bhp

If that is not enough for you then also consider a front mount intercooler (FMIC) and high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) and then stage2+ map - good for 360bhp or so

You will then have to consider a new clutch and if not already, an uprated dump valve to cope with the extra boost pressure.

2nd Gear

Status
    thanks lads over my stage 1 remap and forged dump valve there is a compant called av performance in burton upon trent they say they do a stage 2 + with milltek exhust uprated fule pump cold air induction kit and a remap buy revo and they say its good for 360-380 bhp on super unleaded .
    now from what i have read is he fibbing to me ???????????????????????????????

Neutral

Status
    Dont believe all you read about bhp figures, rolling roads vary massively which is a debate in itself. The only real way of measuring engine power is by taking the engine out of the chassis.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsws3 View Post
    thanks lads over my stage 1 remap and forged dump valve there is a compant called av performance in burton upon trent they say they do a stage 2 + with milltek exhust uprated fule pump cold air induction kit and a remap buy revo and they say its good for 360-380 bhp on super unleaded .
    now from what i have read is he fibbing to me ???????????????????????????????
    As robern2 has said,rolling road figures are a bit of a lottery,and a lot comes down to how well the car is tied down,how cold the air is etc etc.

If you go to Stage 2+ and all of the bits mentioned,you'll get pretty mcuh the same as a good number of us here are running,and the general RR consensus is 360-370bhp,and 380bhp with a larger intercooler,but this is the limit of the stock K04 turbo.