Moist on the Motorway...

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
Now given the weather has taken a turn for the worst today, it reminded of an annoying factor with the A5, in that when you are happily cruising along and wind the window down in the this weather, it's like getting a bucket of water thrown in your face, quite annoying, is this just an A5 thing!?

I've never had it this bad in any other car, and with the imminent arrival of the S3 I wondered if this also happened in the A3, if so, I will invest in some waders and wetsuit now!

I know it sounds obvious that if it's been raining you'll get wet when opening the window, but i'm hoping somebody here knows what i'm rambling on about!

Now i'm off to get dry!

Sorry but your A3/S3 will be just as bad. some times you can keep going and the water stays on the roof.............until you stop at a junction and then your soaked. Best of all is the washers....give yourself a shampoo :faint:

:crying:Yep and it usually pours onto the electrics on the door panel,

its bleeding annoying thats for sure, i may get the car windows converted to those racing style windows made from perspex with a little sliding window in them!

Yeah I'm afraid most Audi's do this crap it's soooooooooo annoying it's like damn nokia phone's that used to just switch off and back on for no reason and this lasted for about 5 years and they still done it ...So annoying especially when nokia knew of the problem ....

SHEER NEGLIGENCE'S TO THE STOCK'S WITH THEM ....

hell yeah, this is well annoying! I was thinking about putting some rubber runners along the roof but that would look rubbish or maybe look ok if they were stylish. Has anyone come across a diy mod for this? mayble like a runner through the roof groove?:think:

Easily the daftest and most irritating thing about the A3.
A true case of form over function.

Cheers
Paul

I worked out that this is because of the shape of the A3 - the top of the car is further towards the middle in comparison with the bottom

This might seem obvious, but you really can see it when you look down the side of an A3

I think that you get soaking wet mainly because of the wind that enters the car because of this shape, obviously carrying the rain

I sorted this problem with some wind deflectors, which do a really good job of, you guessed it, deflecting the wind away from my face :) They look pretty snazzy too

I heard it was due to aerodynamics on the car which is in turn to reduce drag/increase mpg. So if it makes anyone feel any better there is a reason..:shrug:

Well to be honest, it's not a show stopper of course, but I was just curious if i'd have to continue to live with it, seems that I will, but then there will be other gains i'm sure ;)

got all wet today when I hit the brake, I waxed my car the day before yesterday, and brand of the wax is rain-hopping