Dual stage airbags.

paddy

Reaction score
I have been looking at ways of fitting a single stage airbag to a FBMF wheel and in so doing i have read a lot on other threads about the single /Two stage systems. For those who don't know , a duel stage system inflates the bag at two possible rates depending on the severity of the impact. There is also a consensus that the duel stage system will not work on a single stage car. I can find very little on Audi's but lots on BMW owners who want to fit M3 wheels too early model 325's etc. Some say the bags just will not work, some say if the warning light has gone out after self test at start up then its likely that one stage of the airbag will fire if there is an impact.
Given that on the Audi the yellow connector between the wheels and the car loom are the same on both single/duel stage systems except that the duel system has 2 extra pins in it, I cant see why it shouldn't be possible to identify the high speed inflation side of the duel airbag and wire that in correctly. after all, you only have a single stage system anyway on early cars.

Over to you guys :salute:

Saw that one too. Said fitting the wheel was "biggest mistake", I think that crashing into a tree was a bigger mistake TBH.

I had no idea about the two stage etc before I fitted mine. I'm sure NHN will find a solution for all us pre 2006 modders :icon_thumright:

out of interest, has anybody had an airbag go off while wearing glasses? Is it sore etc?