EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Brown passenger seat.

Status

What's this car really worth?

Hi all, You would usually find me in the 8L side of the Forum but i currently own an 8L S3 but am having trouble with the running costs....I have found a very very nice 2.0TDi A3 8P which is exactly what im after but i think the price is a little to high (On advert it says 13k but we agreed on 11.5k)?

Also what do you guys think of the DSG box?

Heres a link...More tasty pictures down the bottom of the thread. http://www.edition38.com/forums/inde...owtopic=253701

Thanks
    Adam.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yes he is a member on here, very nice car! However pricing wise you are paying for the mods on this one. Standard the car would be worth 7.5-8k

Obviously the air ride and wheels cost a fortune so if those are the mods your looking for, it sounds ok to be honest.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

1st Gear

Status
    There is no way those wheels don't rub!

1st Gear

Status
    Nice car but you are certinaly paying for the mods i suspect 11.5k would get you a nice s-line

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Wouldnt touch it with a barge poll !!
    Its an 8k car with the value knocked off it to 5k-6k. If the guy wants to get his money back thats not your problem, he should strip the wheels off and flog them seperate. you buy that you will have loads of trouble and a car you cant sell in a couple of years.

Status
    incidentally, looking in your garage and your sig.........you already have a car miles better than that thing your looking at !!! I don't believe that diesel will be that much cheaper to run !! a money sponge to me.looks like

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    incidentally, looking in your garage and your sig.........you already have a car miles better than that thing your looking at !!! I don't believe that diesel will be that much cheaper to run !! a money sponge to me.looks like
    I reckon my A3 is 50% cheaper to run than my modified 1.8T was, an S3 can only be worse! I used to get 20-25 MPG, my TDI gets 45-55mpg

Its also cheaper to tax and insure! However Air suspension and 20 inch wheels will go donw like a lead balloon with the insurance!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

6th Gear

Status
    You can buy a 8p2 S-line for that much and you can probs get one that you know hasnt been fiddled with so you can do it yourself.

Id get a 2.0T engine preferabley too...
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Status
    However Air suspension and 20 inch wheels will go donw like a lead balloon with the insurance! .................

thats what i meant, that and the problems with tyre rub etc, not the fact it was diesel.. the Guy is daft if he expects to get the money he spent on mods back...It just dosnt work like that the fun is in the doing, not the owning...thats probably why he is selling it to fund his next project.

is a retronaut

Status
    Here's his thread by the way Adam:

YU51UF O
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Thanks for the replies and that link Staz. I am using the 9.5k i get form the S3 to buy a 2.0TDi, Diesels will be cheaper to run...My friend owns a 330D which has been chipped, Super quick and gets 35-40MPG....I drive like a biddy and im lucky to see 25MPG + the V-Power is more then the Diesel at the moment

Maybe i could buy one and do the work myself? Its just me and the way i look at things...I see it as, I know its not worth 11.5k BUT after what hes spent on it (Time and money) and with the extras like the satnav maybe i would be better off and buying this and money well spent instead of fiddeling around myself?

What you all think?

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    It sounds like you have your mind made up !

At the end of the day, beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc. If you think it's worth it then it's all good matey

He who dears' wins!!

Status
    Mate! She is a sweet car!! But remember you got to sell it on one day would you loose a lot of money on it? Like other said, its not worth tha much. For that kind of money id rather go to an auction and grab a bargain younger!!
    I cant read, an i cant write. But thats ok! Cause im from the west country and i can drive a tractor!

Click here to make clicking sound

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm down in Ilford a lot and can't say I've seen it much. Judging by the way the car looks (how low it sits), I don't think it gets out much. As paddy pointed out, sounds like you got a late 8L S3, something I was on the lookout for but decided to buy new, which is desirable..

I think what you have now is and will always be less of a money pit to what you intend on purchasing.

Spend your money wisely and if i could give you any advice it would be three words.

1) Don't
    2) Do
    3) it...
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Adam

Mo does have a nice car, but i wouldnt pay that. For that price you can get a nice 2.0tdi s-line i was looking on autotrader the other day there was a nice 2005 35,000 audi a3 2.0tdi s-line dsg one owner was in trade up for 9,980. Ok Mo has put alot of time and money into his car and it is a good looking car, but mods dont up the price on a car at all. I'd rather buy a standard A3 and do my own mods. Do you think the roads down by you will take 20" alloys on an A3 with air ride? You have a really nice car now. I'd get a nice s-line and mod it myself not like you really want 20" and air ride is it? I'd just keep searching in till i found the right car at the right price. With 11.5k you can get quite a decent a3 i got a 2.0tfs s-line s-tronic 56reg own owner 21,000 miles for 12k (now long gone). Good luck with the search

Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Hi Guys, I think youve (thankfully) talked me out of buying this A3. I think i will find a nice A3 for 6-7k and then do as i wish with the wheels and Suspension then buy the extras like the satnav as i wish with the extra money?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 HODGE View Post
    Hi Guys, I think youve (thankfully) talked me out of buying this A3. I think i will find a nice A3 for 6-7k and then do as i wish with the wheels and Suspension then buy the extras like the satnav as i wish with the extra money?

Sounds like a good plan Adam. Keep us updated on how you get on
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 HODGE View Post
    Thats the best thing to do! That way its your creation and you get more satisfaction when you stand back and look at it.

Or you can just get a mint S-Line Facelift for around 11.5k and then when funds allow, slowly do it up :D - I dont have a modding budget, i just do it when funds allow.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too